All that jazz


Just got home from finally watching Chicago. Awesome movie!

I feel very cultured and artsy-fartsy...going to musical shows and such.

Renee Zellwegger was terrific, as always. She's come a long way from her lil stint as Gina on Empire Records (which was still a great movie, in its own way). I couldn't believe that was Catherine Zeta Jones voice, ditto for Richard Gere.

But Queen Latifah, holy yeesh! I know she's a big woman, but she really needs to rein those puppies in! Those were some serious dimensions. (Note to self: don't let yourself get any bigger) Who knew she had a singing voice as well?

Seeing as Lucy Liu got her own credit in the end, I think she should've contributed a song and dance to the film as well.

Now, if I could only figure out where the "squish" from the Murderess' Tango came about. It's been bothering me the whole way home. "Pop" was understood, "Six" was straightforward, "Cicero" easy to get, "Unh unh" loud and clear, "Leipsitz" (or whatever that name was) totally obvious, but "squish?" I'll have to go look up the lyrics.

Comments