Arrrrgh, me mateys


So I hear the Oakland Raiders are going to the Super Bowl. That's gorgeous!

I am so absolutely girly-girl about sports, it's not even funny. I had a client come in last week seeing if I could get him a good deal on Super Bowl tix. I may not know much about sports, but I do know that Super Bowl tix would never ever EVER come cheap. Other than that, I was so clueless I had to look it up on the internet to see when the Super Bowl was actually happening and where.

Tee hee, girly me.

Another thing I do know is that yours truly is 100% compatible with sporty gear. I may know nothing about who's the better team of the moment and whatever, but I can surely dress like I love the game.

I was inspired by Mary J's old school look, you know, the video Real Love...the baseball jerseys with the short shorts and the caps? Never did complete the look with the kneepads, though.

And I said to myself "I could do that. I could so do that."

And so it came to be. Junior high, I *cough* borrowed *cough* my dad's Raiders jacket (back then it was L.A., obviously) That shiny satiny goodness looked so good on me. I wore it everyday.

He tried to trade me for his own jacket. Gave me my very own shiny satiny goodness Toronto Blue Jays jacket to wear in the spring. I loved that jacket, too. Actually, a couple boys from junior high come to mind, always borrowing my jacket during the lunch break. However, "No dice, daddy." Now I had 2 sporty jackets that looked really cute on me. But ask me how either team was doing, and all I'd be able to do is shrug and smile sweetly.

Since then I've worn sports stuffs occasionally when I want to look cutesy. Borrowed my brother's Dream Team O'Neal jersey once. That was great fun, almost long enuf to be a dress. He has amassed a vast collection of basketball jerseys over the years, and I'm not allowed to borrow them no more. *sigh* I'll have to find another means of finding the cute gear.

I have a practice football jersey (vintage shop) that someone must have used during high school football practice in days gone by. That looks cute, too.

I'd like to try my hand at "feminizing" a hockey jersey. Bonus if it's Iggy's jersey. *giggles* And double bonus if he had just taken off said jersey...so long as it's not stinky. One would hope he isn't stinky. (Sucha shame he's engaged. *devastated*) Mmmm, Iggy.

So, go Raiders! I shall wear my daddy's jacket in your honor and look all cute while doing so.

Next step: those funky cheerleader outfits.

Comments