Hai


Ahhh. Sushi. Sashimi. Sake. Sumo.

Godsis and I went for sushi at Sumo Lounge tonite. Man, do I ever love meeting up with her for dinner. Only once in all of history did we stray from our sushi pattern, ending up at some mediocre Italian restaurant. Since then, it is, and always will be, sushi for the two of us whenever we dine together.

It was my first time at Sumo Lounge. Very kitschy, very hip. Hyper-friendly Japanese cooks...young blonde waitresses obviously hired for their looks. Sounds very much like Tokyo, no?

I would love to go there again. And for a sushi establishment in a hipper area, they didn't rob us blind with their prices. Actually, quite the opposite.

We shared a small order of tempura and the sushi love boat. I even had some sake with my meal. My very first time drinking sake, may I add. Pretty dang good stuffs. All told it was 42.00 exactly for the two of us. I was quite impressed.

It sounds like the ideal sushi establishment for me and the usual suspects. They've started a new promo/deal this year. With sushi purchase, your first drink (sake/beer/highballs) is 1.75 and then each additional round is 3.00. What a steal! This way, Civic and I (not sure if Latina's into sushi) can split a boat and Daisy can have her couple of pieces. After she's done that, she can then make good use of the drink specials while we finish off our meal. Perfect!

Comments