Play hard


Well, this weekend was definitely jam-packed for me. But this isn't a complaint of any sort.

You know I wouldn't have it any other way.

And the socializing isn't ending yet! Oh no, I've got dinner with m godsister tomorrow nite, and then I finally get to spend some time with Lethal on Tuesday night. Not sure what exactly I agreed to for Tuesday, it was a bit loud at my house, but whatever it is it'll be an opportunity to catch up some more with Lethal.

Anyway, backtracking now. Friday was dinner with Daisy and aqua angel. Figuring out what's new and/or improved. Lots new going on with aqua angel. Click on her blog link to hear all about it. It's not my place to share her good news before she's told you herself. Unfortunately, we didn't get to share the whole evening with her. Daisy and I, as I have already relayed, went and saw Chicago later that evening. Or more to the point, I went and saw Chicago. Poor spent lil Daisy passed out from exhaustion at some point during the movie. We're not sure how much she caught, she recalls the Murderess' Tango, but that's fairly early on in the film.

Saturday, Daisy and I reconvened for lunch at McDonald's (poor deprived child had never tried the new Chicken Flatbreads yet.) and to immerse ourselves in more culture with Civic at the Glenbow Museum. Alas, the museum had an early closing for a private function. Will I never get to see the Viva Mexico exhibit??? Aargh.

All was not lost, the three of us wandered around and did our errands together. I got a set of trivets for the kitchen at Caban. They are so kitschy! And would you know it? I think that's all I bought all day! Or rather, I guess that's the only tangible items I bought all day Saturday. For Caban, they were a steal. Originally 39 reduced to 9. Life is good. Civic and I spent some of our Caban time mocking the Asian cuisine section. That area is seriously for shoppers (alright, more likely than not, "white" people, and I seriously am not trying to mean that in a racist sort of way) who don't know any better. 16 dollars for a cute packaged meal prep set is hardly a bargain. We were pricing it out, and if you know where to go in Chinatown, or even just Superstore. That little package they sell for 16 is only 5 or 6 dollars easy. And then you download a recipe from foodtv.ca and voila! Spend that 10 dollars you save on some fresh flowers from Safeway or something. I would never pay 16 for a Caban meal package.

Oh, and another thing, the bubble tea package at Caban is just plain tea bags. We have no idea what they're trying to do there.

We managed to complete one of our major missions, and that was to get Daisy a new cell phone. We did a pretty good job on that one. Even came across Lethal and Sunflower in the process. Lethal's hunting for a new celly as well. Didn't get to spend much time with those two I recalled that the two of them had dinner plans, but I invited them over to my house later that evening since the usual suspects (sans Latina, alas) were also going to be there for a DVD rental session and pizza fest.

It felt like pulling teeth with a combo of spinning in circles when it came to getting Daisy a celly. Girl is super non-committal with regards to anything. 3-4 hours later we were finally ready to go, new cell phone in hand, starving for some noshies.

First had to stop by Daisy's house to feed the cat. From there we ordered our food. (Ready in 15 minutes for pickup. Since when has Pizza Hut ever been that efficient! If I had known that I would've picked Panago so we'd have more time to get our movies) Scrambled for some flicks and ended up with Mr. Deeds and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Shows at least one of us had intended to see a while back but had not had the opportunity. Bonus, they even gave us lil sample bags of Clodhoppers. Yummy!

Snatched up our pizzas, swung by Mac's to get more Coke, then did a lil detour to the liquor store to pick up some Tabu. Hooray! All set!

Ate pizza, and watched a bit of Saturday Night Fever. 'cuz wouldn't you know it, they were showing it on MuchMoreMusic. Civic has never seen it! But it wasn't his type of thing, so he went downstairs to fiddle with my computer to see what he could do for it while Daisy sang a coupla ditties on the karaoke machine. Convened downstairs to watch Mr. Deeds and keep Civic company. Movie done. All marched back upstairs 'cuz we were freezing. Coffee break.

Daisy, through the goodness of her heart, donated 2 vacuum packed bags of flavored coffee from her "presents-from-students-to-their-kindergarten-teacher" stash. Very yum. Jamie Oliver was on TV, so you know Daisy had to watch that. Followed by Nigella Lawson. And then it was Iron Chef. What's with me and my friends and the Food Network? We didn't get to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory until midnite. Then Civic got called home, pilot light went out on their hot water tank or something like that. So, "and then there were two."

An hour later the movie was done and Daisy was ready to call it a night. Man, are we getting old, we weren't even at a bar or anything and we were spent! And this was with a 10 o clock mug of coffee in our systems!

Comments