"Holy hotness!"

That was Daisy as we were watching the NHL awards on tv while chatting on the phone.

I don't remember who the player was, and I'm sure I could look him up really easily, but he wasn't a Calgary Flame and - yeah - I could definitely say he was her "type." Poor Kipper, he has some competition for her heart now.

Though she loves Kipper's shyness. That in itself makes them perfect for one another.

Too bad our hometown hockey hotties are absolutely spoken for. *sigh*

Bear with me, I don't know how long it'll be until hockey talk isn't part of my regular conversation topics.

So yeah, while hockey consumed my life (or at least it definitely felt that way) these are some major events that I've neglected/failed to announce up in here.

June 5th, 2004: Happy birthday, Bizkette!

June 8th, 2004: Congratulations, Posie, on getting that first degree!

I'm sooooo soooo very proud of you.

June 8th, 2004: Congrats to you as well, Spydermonkey!
I'm so jealous that the two of you actually got to graduate at the same time. My friends and I never had a chance.

June 10th, 2004: Happy birthday, mr. guy
Not that you'll ever see this...and it's a lot more comforting that way for some reason.

So yes, for those that know Posie and Spydermonkey personally, the two of them convocated this past Tuesday. We were all there in full effect. Those younger than them couldn't wait to convocate themselves, and those that had already convocated before (namely myself) wished that they could do it all over again.

And I'm seriously contemplating that, since I have nothing better to do these days. *sigh*

And the weekend before that was Bizkette's birthday as well as Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals. Right after the game Posie and I skeedaddled (haha) out of my house to join the city on Red Mile and ultimately to meet up with Bizkette's party.

Yeah, that didn't happen.

What DID happen was that Red Mile was a zoo...but then again what's so new about that? Our cell phones were basically useless regardless of who your wireless provider was. (I'd say one out of every 10 calls you tried would actually get through, same went for text messages.) And being the little tough cookie that I was, I ventured on my own to go and find Daisy and the crew leaving Posie behind when she had found Rich Girl. See, it's alright if those I love are safe and with someone else to keep them company. Me? I guess I can be sort of reckless by myself.

Anyway, I didn't think anything bad would happen to me 'cuz the street was so jammed nobody would try anything. But then while I was still on my way to meet Daisy, Posie phoned me and asked me to wait up for her 'cuz apparently Rich Girl was heading out to get her boyfriend.

And there was no way Posie would've found me on Red Mile, so I turned off of it into a popular parking lot/pizza joint. This spot was by no means deserted or dead, but at least there were less bodies and a better chance she would find me there.

And that's when things went wrong.

For those of you who have followed my blog for a long time...remember what I "did" in Toronto at that bar? Do you remember what I "did" at Metro that other time?

Yeah, it happened again. Third time's a charm, ain't it?

Anyway, that's that. And it would have been easy to get over except for that this time it wasn't discreetly going on under a table or on a crowded dancefloor where everyone's oblivious to everyone else.

This time I was in a parking lot in front of a bustling pizza place where there was at least a lineup of 50 people waiting to get their pie, plus at least a hundred more just wandering around or socializing in the parking lot. Not to mention that the lighting was perfect for all the voyeurs that cared to watch.

After he left me I looked around at my surroundings: there were 4 guys leaning on the car that was on my right and there were 4 guys leaning on the truck that was on my left. I felt absolutely sick. What if someone had taken pictures of the whole event? Crap, I was gonna end up as a FlamesGirl.

It's been almost a week since it happened and I haven't come across myself on the internet yet. Not that I could ever completely scour the internet...but I'd like to convince myself that nobody got any shots of me.

Tough thing was I couldn't flee the scene afterwards. My text messages to Posie and Daisy re: my location had finally gotten through to them and they were both on their way. My phone was dying so trying and trying and trying again to get ahold of them would be useless. So I just tried to be all inconspicuous, leaning on a pillar waiting for them to show up, hoping that nobody would come up to me to talk about what had just happened.

And noone did, thank god. Maybe I've perfected my "don't mess me with me" look, I don't know. But goodness it felt like forever before both girls finally got to me. Didn't feel like continuing the party much after that so I didn't even make it to Bizkette to wish her a happy birthday.

So yeah, that was Saturday. How was yours?

And just so noone's confused about mr. guy's role...we're friends now. Have been for quite a few weeks, just never bothered to talk about him. I don't know how I feel about him being my friend. Mostly 'cuz it seems like he's always out with me and my crew now. I know that was my plan: to help him get more friends, but now it feels like I have to share all of them with him. And I don't get a lot of time with them where he's NOT with us. But he's proven to be a great friend. He's much better now than when I thought we might actually become "something."

But yeah, I'm feeling a little possessive these days. It's gotten to the point where he just asks "So, what are we doing this weekend?" and I silently wonder to myself how has it gotten to the point where he considers himself to be part of the regular gang and that he's invited to whatever we're doing. It's not that I don't think he should be invited...I guess it's just taking some getting used to, having this new person in the fold. I haven't made any NEW-new friends in years, it would seem, except for my coworkers. And even more, I've never really had a NEW-new friend spend so much time with me/us. NEW-new friends are usually only occasional hanger-outers. He appears to be vying for a more permanent position.

For him, timing couldn't possibly be better. He's met my regular crew...my "singleton urban family," if you will...and he's even met Latina and her man, as well as Peru-girl and her man. He's meeting people that I see perhaps on a monthly basis. He's yet to infiltrate my most sacred friendships and relationships, though. That being my unifriends (the coupled ones) and my flesh and blood. Who knows when that'll happen, but I can't tell whether I'm dreading it or if I'm actually hoping he wins them over, too.

Comments