Discipline

I really want to get back into the swing of things. I barely blog anymore (as some of you may have noted) and even my gym regimen and job hunt are practically at a standstill. I don't even have a good reason for it all. It's certainly not because I've become a bigger couch potato. I haven't been watching my tv addictions (Sex and the City marathons on Mondays, Amazing Race, American Idol, and The Apprentice) with much regularity. It used to be I'd even tape episodes I was going to miss. Not anymore.

Poker has taken up some of my time lately, but not so much that I can't do anything else. Weird Kid got me into it. I don't watch those poker tournaments, nor do I bet with money (yet, haha), I'm just into it. I've even started playing a little at PokerRoom.com when there's noone else to play with and I'm feeling the itch. Only play money, of course, and at the "micro" tables to top it all off. I'm the total opposite of a high roller.

I have two greeting cards and letters that I should have written months ago. This is ridiculous.

I'm seeing (was seeing?) a guy, sort of. He hardly takes up any of my time. He's very sweet but I'm wondering what's the point of continuing on if we're not investing much time into it. Fine, you could explain it all away with our schedule conflicts and we're busy/tired...but in the end they're all excuses. Not that either one of us has intentions of leading the other on; I just think we should be friends. I have never been one for going through the motions for the sake of being able to say I'm in a relationship. There are other things, but I think I'd rather talk them over with him rather than try to iron things out on here.

I'm in the midst of putting together a grass volleyball team. It's so exciting, I've never done any adult leagues before. Not only will it give me an excuse to get away from work (haha) but I also get to spend some regularly scheduled time with my friends. Maybe meet some new people, too.

Comments