Thanks

Thank you to everyone for your warm birthday wishes. My birthday rocked this year, though my companions keep switching up. Schedules are a tough thing to work around, phew.

Pictures shall be forthcoming. I'm horrible about taking forever to finish a roll of film. What I wouldn't give for even a cheapo digital camera most days. Posie took some pictures with her camera phone. I looked hot :) I should try and see if she can send them to me.

Dinner was held at Latin Corner. Kickass mojitos all around! In attendance were Baby Sis and Weird Kid (Weird Kid's girlfriend had to work *pouts*), Spydermonkey, Posie, Civic, Daisy, a friend from my university days, and a guy my friend met at the hostel where she was staying. Much to Daisy's delight, the guy was British. Much to everyone else's delight, he was a magician. All these years and I finally get a magic show on my birthday! He's a darling, he's staying in Calgary for a year. Hopefully I'll get to show him around, it's what I love to do. Civic and I split a paella, mmmmmm. The music was fantastic, Baby Sis was bopping in her chair all night. I would have loved to take her onto the itty bitty dance floor but her ride (Spydermonkey and Weird Kid) had other plans for the rest of the evening so away my Flip Family contingent went.

And away we went to imbibe some yummy martinis at Mortal Coil. Alas, all the tables were taken. Booted over to Blind Monk and had a martini over there. Got a call from the Redhead who was now available to join in my birthday festivities, and lucky for everyone involved, we found a spot at Mortal Coil.

Tradition was broken...I didn't end up at a night club after dinner. I felt it would include more people in my birthday fun-times.

The fun-times continued the next day with poker, poker, and more poker. :) Woohoo!

Comments