Be a sport

Great weekend! Two wonderful games in a row. First my darling Flames beat Ottawa and then today Weird Kid and the Phenoms beat out Sovereign.

Also last night the Usual Suspects got together for our gift exchange. Civic was MIA since we weren't heading out till late (Latina and her hubby were watching the hockey game at her parents' house...meaning we wouldn't leave our respective houses until 10:30 or so). They gave Daisy and I gorgeous collage frames of each of us at their wedding. What a thoughtful present! Since our northern colleague wasn't meeting up with us we decided to stay south and ended up at the Bull and Finch. Picture me with my Chambord Royale martini and a plate of poutine. It just cries out "class," no? :)

Everytime I figure mg2.0 has gotten the hint he comes right back. He called me at work again this past Friday asking if I had time to spend with him this weekend. Honestly! I wasn't at my friendliest when he called; he always calls at a bad time. I was swamped at work and I was not in the mood to humor him. Eventually I looked through my daytimer to get him off my case and offered him time for coffee next Saturday or whatever on the Monday afterwards. I'd like to be a good sport about it but I'd rather not bother with him at all. If he apes any more of my interests or praises my opinions one more time I'm afraid I'll end up hitting him or something. People are supposed to have different styles and personalities. Anyway, I put my foot in my mouth again. As I ended the call I told him to "call me later" to finalize plans or whatever. My co-worker gave me a mocking look and I can't say that I didn't deserve it. Ugh, we'll see. My friends think I'm not giving him a fair chance, and they're right on all counts, but his type (the copycat "I need to be told what to like and what to think") grates on my nerves way too much.

Comments