Hmm, 2 blog entries in one day....I'm definitely showing signs of addiction *s* I realized that my last post might get some of u down (even though I've come to terms with it, death and dying are still fairly depressing topics for most) so I've decided to perk things up a little by talking about one of my lil obsessions: shoes!

Along with shopping for clothes, I simply adore going shopping for shoes (and accessories, and purses, and pretty much anything that puts together a great outfit). What makes it even better is when I have enuf "whatever" money to treat myself to brand name stuffs. I'm not as big a label whore as Daisy when it comes to clothes, but I have a an addiction/fetish to brand name shoes and doodads to add on to the ensemble. Someday I'll fork over enuf money to get myself a pair of Manolo Blahniks, the golden goose of shoes! I usually get low profile shoes 'cuz they're a better price and still look cute. But I get a thrill when I buy myself labelled shoes, and if they're on sale then the experience becomes orgasmic! *l* One of my fave shoe brands to buy is Nine West. I love Nine West shoes. Last year I bought some boots (thanks to a great tip from Posie) from the Cloud Nine collection by Nine West. I wore them all the time, I was in love with those boots. But then spring came along and summer followed and out came the old sneaks and sandals with new purchases of some additional ones. One rainy day I decided to wear my Cloud Nine boots and oh my God the seam was split! I was furious! My grandma has a terrible habit of stacking my shoes on top of one another ('cuz leaving them all flat takes up too much space) and apparently the weight of the shoes all on top of my boots screwed up the seam. I was choked! I figured it'd be too expensive to get them repaired, even though it'd be cheaper than buying a new pair. I decided to try talking to The Bay to see if they'd do anything for me, but I was kindly told to buzz off and they pointed me to a nearby shoe repair store. When I got there it was this really tiny repair shop with Chinese writing all over it...very mom and pop. So I go in and I showed him my boots and he's pointing out all these other things he can do to prevent wear on them and everything...I was steeling myself to just say "No, I'm not willing to pay for the extra work, just stitch my boot back up, please." but instead I was extremely surprised when he said "6 dollars, ok?" I was floored! Feeling completely euphoric I left my boots with him and he said he'd have them ready for me to pick up today after work. I get my Cloud Nines back into commission for 6 dollars! Of course, another part of me is scared, what kind of work can I expect for 6 bucks? But I remain optimistic. Dang, if he does a great job on them, I have another pair of Nine West penny loafers that have worn out but I haven't had the heart to throw them away. I may get to wear those again someday, too! And then my fave pair of sandals, those need to be fixed.....oh, the possibilities! Just thinking of all my fave shoes that I may get to resurrect (and at such a good price!) makes me all giddy. *s*

Anyway, I had told them at The Bay that I didn't care how much it cost to get them repaired, I just wanted my boots back in my life. I mean, I LOVE those boots. Have u seen all the boots/shoes that are "hot" this season? They're all pointy like witch shoes! Once the square/round toed shoes came into vogue I swore I'd never go back, and I intend to make good on my word. Those pointy crappy shoes remind me of the 80s, and I love the 80s, but that's just way too 80s for me. That's one fashion comeback I have no intention of supporting. They just look nasty and ridiculous, I shudder just thinking of all the trendoids who are gonna jump on that "new style.".

Comments