I'm addicted to all things blog-related now. I love reading them, and I'm soooo tempted to post to my own blog whenever I have the spare time. Practicing self-restraint, though, 'cuz I don't think there's a lotta people who've stumbled onto this blog yet and I don't have anything exciting to report. Not like those NY bloggers. Love New Yorkers!


My weekend wasn't too bad, for some reason it was exhausting! I can't figure out why it was so tiring, but I was drifting off during Mass Sunday nite and my brother had to elbow me a coupla times. Friday after work, C, Miss G. (yes, nicknames will be used to protect the innocent) and I went for drinks/Happy Hour at Catch. Martinis were more expensive than at the Cactus Club but they were delicious so u didn't hear much complaint coming from me. I had a Timone and a Mocha Magic....both exquisitely good. Miss G. ordered a Mocha Magic as well and a Sangriatini. That was wonderful, too. C and I had gotten there earlier and there was free wine tasting of Chilean wines. The lady described what she had to offer and then C picked his wine and she asked what I wanted. I had no clue! I don't like wines! Anyways, she asked if I liked red or white and I picked white from a lack of anything else to say so I ended up with some Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. For wine, it wasn't bad at all, but my martinis were a lot yummier. C and I also shared this grilled neon squid salad....it had crispy noodles and this amazing dressing and the squid of course and some lettuce and red peppers...it was really good. After the whole happy hour thing, Miss G. and I giddily wandered around downtown running errands and such 'cuz C had other plans. That's what I don't understand about drinking. I have no idea if we were just giddy 'cuz we "willed" ourselves to be all giggly and stuffs or if we just couldn't contain ourselves due to the influence of those martinis. Most of the time I'm convinced u only act as drunk as u want to be, you could behave totally sober if u "willed" it. Have nothing to prove that theory, of course.


Saturday I had to work at 7:45 in the frigging morning. Very ouch. I don't know how my brother does it. After work they were having this ballroom demo outside of my store hosted by the University ballroom club. They were terrible. If I'm going to learn how to dance, they didn't do a phenomenal job convincing me to go learn with them. The price is good, but if that's all I'm gonna get out of them, then I'd rather learn elsewhere. Not to mention, all the demo people were Asian and I just thought to myself "Well, if everybody there is gonna be Asian then it's not a place for me to meet guys, that's for sure." (Some of u may be thinking I'm racist...perhaps it does look that way. I just don't want to date anybody "like me" I know what they're like, generally, and I don't think I'd vibe well with them.) After that horrible demo I headed home to an empty house, AGAIN! I hate empty houses. So I called Miss G. and we arranged to go hang out at Chapters for a lil bit. The familia came home right before I left but I wasn't gonna cancel on Miss G., plus I wanted to get out for a bit. I looked cute, in my opinion. I had rummaged around in my closet for "old treasures" and found my short tech skirt and I paired it with my New York tank. (*l* My mom has never seen that top with low-waisted bottoms so she got all panicked "Oh no, u're gaining weight again your shirt is too small!" Had to explain to her that the shirt was always like that.) Put it with my heather hoodie and my Fila slides and I looked like a wannabe Japanese girl...but I still thought I was cute. All the way to Chapters I was obsessing about how cute I looked/felt and I had this brainstorm about how fun it'd be to have a dressup doll of myself on my website complete with my whole wardrobe of clothes/shoes/hats/everything. I couldn't figure out how to manage that, though. Maybe someday *wishful thinking* They had a whole slew of high tech fun gadgety thingies at Chapters, but they were crazy expensive, in my opinion, for lil doodads. I was in total awe of Miss G., though. It seemed like every book I picked up to take a look at, she had already read. Love hanging out with Miss G., I think I'd hafta say she's my "other" best friend. Both of us have our own respective best friends and I don't think that'd ever change. But I call her whenever I wanna go out and more often than not she always comes through. She's always the first person I call whenever I wanna make plans. Stoopid residential transit service...they were already out of service by 10:30 (BUT we could've gone out clubbing till 1:30 'cuz the train was still running Geez) so we walked home. I hate that sound barrier wall even more. I walked on the other side of my street all the way home 'cuz that wall creeps me out. If, by some fluke (not that I'm THAT irresistible *giggles*), someone decided to grab me while I was walking home nobody driving down that busy street would see me in distress 'cuz of that insane wall. I swear if they erect another sound barrier wall on the other side of the street I'm gonna have some words with that stoopid new mayor. I got home and it was a virtual t-shirt factory going on at my house. J (my brother) and his friend had moved his computer and printer down to my computer and they were printing t-shirt transfers of numbers like fiends. Turns out their bball uniforms hadn't arrived yet and the first game of the fob league season was Sunday so they were making makeshift jerseys out of cheap white tshirts from Wal-Mart and inkjet printed tshirt transfers. Me and my mom even had to get in on it, ironing all the numbers on. Poor suckers, we were done by 2 and there was no way we could do the wash treatment step on those shirts before their game. My mom said that as the boys were playing ball and starting to sweat their numbers started to bleed. My brother was all marked up with black ink when they got home. Luckily it washed off easy, as did the shirt.


Sunday wasn't too exciting, I worked and then we went to mass in the evening. I missed my brother's first fob league game of the season 'cuz of work and it was too bad 'cuz turns out they played against my godbrother's team. So pretty much I've missed the only game where I would know people he's up against. There's only one other game this season where I'd want to watch him play, and that's his game against the Flamingo.


*sigh* I'm supposed to have a 2nd date with this guy today after work. He's awfully nice but after the first date already I knew he wasn't right for me. But I wanted to be nice, and maybe a 2nd date would be good so I'd know for sure we were wrong together. So when he asked for a 2nd time out I said sure. But my gut tells me it's not gonna do any good, and I might just be leading him on if I go 'cuz 2nd dates are supposed to mean things are going well, right? Problem is, I have no way of getting ahold of him to cancel, and I don't want to wait the 45 minutes for him to get there just to say I don't feel like coffee today. I just hope he doesn't wait long,he knows I finish work before him so I should already be there by the time he gets downtown. I'd love some input on this, but I don't know how to put that comment box thingie onto my blog yet (newbie) so if anyone reads this and wants to comment email me, please. Hopefully I find him online tonite so I can apologize. It'll probably be too little, too late, but it still has to be done.

Comments