Ok, now I can write. So....I figure this'll be how I do web updates from now on. It's a lot faster than building a new page for every month of the year. Plus, hopefully, I'll update u guys more often. Of course, a lotta it will just be day to day babble, but some of u may enjoy that *s* Anyway, last time I updated my site was in June....what's happened since then? Well, my aunt had her wedding and I was a bridesmaid. I, being the attention whore that I am *s*, totally loved it. She had her reception in the Crystal Ballroom of the Palliser! U should've seen her suite, it was the "Golden Suite", totally amazing.

I've finished my practicum and have been hired on with Fletcher Travel. It's great here....it's just a small lil agency but from talking with old classmates I've realized I've learned so much more with Fletcher than I would in a big corporate office since they don't let u touch anything for a year as a rookie counsellor. That reality check about corporate travel has made some of my classmates kinda bitter. As much as I love it here I was thinking of looking around for a better paying position but lately I've been feeling all smug 'cuz at least I can keep on working....at least half of my class is out there looking for work, 2 fellow graduates have already come by my lil agency wondering if we're hiring. So life is overall good for me right now....can't wait for my agent discount to kick in *s*

Back in July I had my 6 week followup at the Tom Baker Cancer Centre. It wasn't what I was expecting, I thought there'd be thorough exams to see if anything's changed and blah blah blah but instead it was just a chat with my radiation oncologist and he looked in my ear and at my skin to see if it's healing well and all. I didn't even see my dietitian. Good thing I suppose since I've lost so much weight since then she'd probably give me a lecture about it. Funny thing is, u can't really tell I've lost so much weight. Guess this body just won't quit *lol*

I learned about this blog thing from a lady I found on the net. She lives here in Calgary and has the exact same cancer. She even had it in the same sort of area, except hers was on the left side and mine was on the right. As twisted as it may sound, it's kinda nice to have someone around who's been/going through the same thing as me.

Comments