This morning I was listening to P.Diddy's "I Need A Girl Pt. II" on the radio, and it hit me how totally brilliant this guy is. Pretty much giving the entire female population a list of qualities he's looking for in a girl, all while making money selling the CD. Absolutely genius. *l* I wonder what would happen if I made a hit single or two about what guys must possess to peak my interest. My songs would never be of the "What A Girl Wants by Christina Aguilera" type crap. I could not believe how trashy she looked on the 2002 MTV VMAs (which makes me feel extremely righteous and justified in hating her. Haha). She made Lil Kim and Foxy Brown look like nuns! It wasn't even sexy trashy, as Britney Spears can be at times. It was like "ho-who-could-not-seduce-a-man-even-if-she -paid-him" sort of trash. Hopefully her upcoming album crashes in a burning failure.

Whoo, look how easily I get sidetracked. Anyway, I remember back in jr. high I wrote a whole page full of things I wanted in a guy. I found it in my dresser drawer first year of university and threw it out. A lot of my tastes have changed since then, for instance, I'm not going to insist that he have blue eyes *l* Then all of a sudden this lil girl had a brainstorm: I'm going to occasionally mention qualities I look for in a guy and maybe someone who happens across this blog will see it and know the perfect guy for me!

Today's feature characteristic will be the musical tastes I'm looking for. It may sound pretty shallow, but I would have to say that the kind of music he likes is way up there on my list of indicators for whether or not it's meant to be. This stems from the fact that I am frequently left unsatisfied when it comes to musical cravings. I love my friends dearly, but none of them really share the same sort of musical tastes as me. I guess what I'm really getting at is I don't have anyone to hang out with who shares my passion for RnB and hiphop. My best friend and my brother and all their friends like RnB and hiphop, but I don't really want to go to those clubs with my brother, and my best friend has her own group of friends with whom she goes to those bars. I often have to compromise and go to the bars my friends choose, which is sometimes really awkward for me since a majority of them have a common interest in country music and I can not handle more than one set of that stuff. I would say I can deal with it for half an hour before the novelty wears off. So when we go to the bars they're usually top 40 'cuz it appeases everyone, but that's not good enough for me. I love dancing nonstop, but I can't bring myself to dance to country for an extended period of time. And this being a fairly western city, the mainstream bars can't go without playing no country music at all. For once, it would be nice to go to Heavens or Area 51 and groove, maybe even grind to a few jams with some guys. (I once grinded with a guy to techno music, that simply just doesn't work, but he was pretty happy and couldn't care less.) Daisy, bless her heart, actually suggested we go to Twisted one nite 'cuz it was her co-worker's birthday. I felt so in my element there! Daisy herself didn't seem to object too much to the music. I would love to go back there again sometime soon. Actually, my clubbing crowd has pretty much dwindled down to Daisy and I, but it actually works very well since we both have penchants for the classier clubs and not the tacky 18-year old hookup bars.

Not only does he have to like RnB and hiphop, he also has to like to dance. There's no point in finding this guy and having someone to go to the clubs with and have them just sit on their butt drinking away. Speaking of dancing, it'd also be nice if he was interested in salsa. I'd love to have someone to salsa with!

All hope is not lost, thank goodness. Calgary is definitely growing along with me. They've introduced 2 hiphop radio stations within the span of a month into Calgary. 2 stations!!! We now outnumber the country radio station! Expo Latino is becoming more known, there were a lot of people in attendance last year. I feel that I'll find a musical partner within the city yet. Even my godbrother's friend; he's white, likes my type of music, and I know he goes to the clubs. Daisy thought the guy was into me all 'cuz he winked at me and said Hi at Paramount last Friday when I ran into them. Gotta love that girl's optimism sometimes! *s*

Comments