This was just a major movie weekend, and I still haven't caught up with all the movies I've wanted to see. My Big Fat Greek Wedding on Friday, and then Saturday me and my sister rented 4 movies. We watched John Q, Donnie Darko, On The Line, and National Lampoon's Van Wilder. It's pretty nice having the weekend off every once in a while!

John Q was distressing. Sure, a similar situation hasn't happened yet but I don't think it's that unlikely. It makes me really glad that I live here in Alberta, where our health care is still affordable for the average person. I can't imagine how my family would be if they had had to pay for my radiation treatment and surgeries.

Next I watched Donnie Darko, it was really confusing. Maybe that's the whole point of the movie, I don't know. I rented it upon reccommendation from another friend. The guy who suggested it is really great, but it wasn't a movie I'd normally go out and rent. Perhaps it's just me, 'cuz when I asked the Rogers clerk if they had it in she knew right away what I was talking about and she, too, was gushing about how great a movie it was. It's just like how everyone loves Titanic and Fight Club but I can't stand them. Donnie Darko was definitely no Titanic, though.

On The Line was adorable, though. Tad cheesy, but what do you expect from a movie geared towards to teenybopper *NSync fans? After seeing Greek Wedding I thought that Joey Fatone was kinda hot, but his character in On The Line was so dumb I'm not sure what to think anymore *s* Then again, Greek Wedding was made afterwards, so maybe he had learned his lesson.

I must admit that Van Wilder was mindless fun. It doesn't compare to American Pie or anything like that, but it was still ok. Very glad I didn't pay theatre price to go see it at least.

There are still tons of movies I need to catch up on. One that I really want to see is Subway Stories, but the Rogers clerk said they don't carry that one. I may just have to suck it up and go buy it at A&B or something. Did some price searching, and the movie costs less (so long as you don't get it through HMV) than a movie theatre ticket, which I think is really sad, but it works out well for me in this case.

Today's my sister's birthday. She's 16 now! Man, I'm starting to feel really old. *sigh* My brother and I were at a loss for what to get her, ended up with the Monsters Inc (which all of us wanted anyway, and the Avril Lavigne CD 'cuz that's what she had been asking for. It's too bad Justin Timberlake's CD isn't out yet, I would have liked to get that for her as well as hear it myself. We had her birthday get-together yesterday, just a lil bit of family so it wasn't a zoo. Had tons of crab and barbecue among other things as well as a few yummy cakes. Ate way too much yesterday, but it was her birthday party, so I think I'm justified. Life is excellent right now *s*

Comments