Higher now, in the sky. You make me feel like I can fly so high. It's elevation.


And I'm pooped.

Fabulous weekend, all in all.

And I didn't even freeze my ass off like I had feared.

Saturday was the beloved Halloween Howler. Next year should be the best, 3rd time's always a charm. This year, our second Howler, was at least better than the first. We started at the Palace, next stop was Twisted, followed by Cowboys, and ending at Outlaws. Does anyone else out there sense a jip? 4 bars instead of 5 and yet it costs MORE money than last year? Ah well, it's the experience you're paying for, really.

Palace was great, as always. Dragged Daisy up with me to the platform to join in on the costume contest. Friggin' thing was...we got on the wrong platform! All us costume contestant hopefuls (a bunch of sailor guys, the 3 pumpkineers - who knows where that came from, a handful of hutterites, and Curious George with the man in the yellow hat) on the wrong platform were bummed about that. The winner of the ladies category was a Tina Turner with purple hair. My costume could've beaten that! At least that's what I'll keep telling myself. I swear, if she was the one who won the NYE party in Apex I'm gonna be mighty pissed. Unfortunately, never ran into Flamingo and his brother. Tis a shame. They must've been on another crawl.

Twisted was again excellent. Tabu! I know Cowboys doesn't serve up Tabu but I didn't really try asking at the Palace and Outlaws. Daisy and I should've grabbed a couple bottles for the road, but didn't have enuf time. Feeling a bit old, I wanted to prove I could still drink. Made it a goal to have at least one bottle per stop...and, impressing myself, I even exceeded that. A couple of those were Smirnoff Ices since one was free and they were on special that nite, which could've been disastrous 'cuz those usually make me feel pretty crappy. But even then I didn't feel crappy till I got home, and it wasn't even THAT crappy. Good times, good times, good times.

Cowboys, well, what can I say. It was Cowboys. "The most fun you can have with your boots on." But given the choice between Cowboys and Outlaws Cowboys would win hands down. For the first time ever, I noticed/found the food concession at the bar. We split some fries since we were expecting to go out for better eats at the end of the crawl. Twas a shame our excellent nite would wind up at Outlaws, don't ask me why we proceeded on with the crawl once we got to Cowboys, but it's all good.

What can be said for Outlaws? I've managed to avoid it for over a year now, and their tune still hasn't changed. All around me on the dancefloor were lil 18 year olds groping and hooking up surrounded by other 18 year olds who were envious and wishing they, too, were groping and hooking up with people. It was also funny to note that there were quite a few people not dressed in costume there. Guess Outlaws recognized that their club crawl turnout would suck and so filled the club accordingly with "normal clientele." A pretty sad state to be in, considering that more than one crawl ended at Outlaws. Since I figured this would be one of the rare times I would ever step into Outlaws again I dragged Daisy around looking for the mechanical bull, only to find out it wasn't there. Of course! Why would they have it there when I finally have an opportunity to ride??? Being suckers for lil gimmicks Daisy and I bought candy necklaces and 2 of those big whalebone glasses filled with alcoholic slushies. Unfortunately, they were disgusting. I think I forced down half of it before I gave up. (Actually, maybe it was that nasty drink that made me feel crappy at the end of the nite and not the Smirnoff Ice as would be assumed) Lasted there about an hour before I could take no more of the horny teenybopper frenzy. Now this was when we started to feel really old, it was only 10:30 and we were dead tired! Justified our exhaustion with the argument that we had been crawling/drinking for the past 6-7 hours already. Plus we were running on barely any food. Denny's was just down the block across the street. Excellent.

Crossing Macleod Trail we received some cat calls and a comment on my "garter belt." "Loser, this isn't a garter belt!" I should've shot them. Always nice to get attention, though.

Ended all the revelry at Denny's with a mass of crawlers who I assume were in the same state as Daisy and I: euphorically tipsy, starving like you wouldn't believe, and sick and tired of the horny teenyboppers of Outlaws. A crazy melange of Smurfs, Baywatch babes, Cavewomen, pimps, cats, and the like, all enjoying the mediocre late nite fare of Denny's which is always soooooo good after a great nite out. One of the Smurfs tried to capture all the fun on their camera, taking pictures of us and all the other crawlers winding down their evening in the diner.

An excellent time was had by all, and I'll do it all again for sures next year. Daisy, are you with me?

Comments