I won't be alright after this


I watched The Bachelor 2 last nite, another one of my guilty television indulgences. Yet another female breaks down on national (or is it considered international since it gets broadcast in Canada in addition to the US?) tv over a "relationship" gone terribly wrong. What I love most about these people is how they'll always say "I didn't know what I was getting myself into" all miserable with regret, it never fails.

I remember the first Bachelor when that crazy girl couldn't breathe after being eliminated from the show. "Please, if I could have just one breath!" So melodramatic and over the top. Anyone who could feel "true love" under the premises of such a show has got to have serious issues. It's kind of sad, to see people who are worn and pathetic have a freak attack over a stranger. Last nite was no different, that Christi girl is a complete psycho. I was relieved that Aaron got rid of her 'cuz he was right-on when he described her intensity as "fatal attraction" Best get her out of the house for the safety and well-being of himself and all the other girls. She seriously looked like she was prepared to kill all her competitors in order to win Aaron's love. (Survivor gone horribly, horribly wrong.)

"I didn't expect things to be like this. I won't be alright after this." Of course you won't be alright, honey, you went on a tv show to find true love and were instead used as a little puppet for our voyeuristic entertainment. But, I'm sorry, you didn't expect this??? Did you not do any research on the first Bachelor, Temptation Island, any of those? You should have learned the rules of the game before you stepped onto the field.

But everything's gonna be alright, people. These kids are learning as time goes on. Just a few episodes ago 2 girls walked off the show of their own will and dignity. They knew better than to make themselves look like chumps in front of millions of viewers.

I have a personal secret little wish to be a participant in one of these shows just so I can cause chaos everywhere. Watch me "fall in love" like the rest of the suckers, though, and end up just like the rest. I mean, this new bachelor, Aaron? He's pretty kewl, not exactly my definition of hot, but he's got plenty other things going for him. It'd be nice to have my own personal pilot to fly me to lil tucked-away islands *s*

Comments