Let's do the time warp again


Well, if that wasn't a frustration and a half! I was posting my blog entry last nite and the site went missing...luckily when I went back it was still there and I had learnt better. I quickly cut and paste my entry into an email so I could post it later from another comp. For a high-end state of the art machine, my brother's comp doesn't like Blogger much and always screws up my blogging. Oh well, now I know.

Hooray, I got a new comment on my blog! I knew I would get someone with the transit vs. cars debate *l* She does have a point, it used to be a bit unnerving encountering drunks on transit...but now I'm able to laugh it off like the walking jokes they are. I had this one lady approach me yesterday at TD Square asking for a dollar-twenty-five for a hot chocolate, PLEASE. She already knew what I was going to say, obviously, 'cuz she threw in that "please" so emphatically. I'm sorry, but if you come at me reeking of alcohol there is no way I'm going to bum you money when I could spend that coin to get myself a mini-muffin. I should speak of them a bit kinder, I suppose, since some of them are truly addicted and spiralling in their own vice, but you don't see me bumming money off of people I don't know so I can get myself a new pair of shoes or anything. As for the commute time, it doesn't really faze me....which can be detrimental to others at times. I'm sure Sunflower and my boss and others must get frustrated once in a while. "Hold up a minute, isn't this the same girl who gets pissed off with Torontonians lack of respect for that novel concept called 'time'? I sense a bit of hypocrisy here!" Yes yes, so I'm a hypocrite, but I'm still not as bad as those Torontonians. They just can't be bothered to get anywhere or start anything on time. They haven't even left their house and they're already late. At least I try to be there on time, I just don't sweat it if I'm late but on the way. Plus, Mary used to walk to work downtown (I'm referring to The Mary Tyler Moore show, classic) and look how happy she was! I need to find myself a kewl hat to toss up into the air. *l*

So Misfit made an appearance on ICQ last nite, first time in weeks. I thought everything was settled just by the tone of the convo we were having...we would just be chat friends. Alas no, when I went to leave he said he hoped to see me sometime soon (we had already established how busy I am this week). Eeek! Apparently things are STILL not clear. Hafta fix things up tonite.

Comments