Saturday Night Cold


So it's a lame spinoff on Saturday Night Fever. Sacrilege, I know. Bite me.

I'm sneezing like there's no tomorrow, and my nose is sooo stuffed up, it's probably for the best that I stayed home tonite. But I feel so....so....fuddy duddy! And I seriously seriously hate that word! Aaargh.

Blogging on a Saturday nite, whodathunkit?

So, Civic stood up Daisy and me last nite. Her and I ended up planning to meet for a late coffee, only to have me miss my bus....and then the Second Cup close to me was closed...and then the Second Cup close was occupied by a girl that really scares me (we'll call her Ribsy) so I refused to go in there. Not to be deterred, we ended up at BP's for noshies and chats. And to back up my stories from the previous blog. Daisy SO remembers the crusty shorts incident and she wasn't even there. (Daisy and Lethal are best friends.) So even if Lethal doesn't remember the crusty shorts, Daisy does, and so nobody can accuse me of imagining things. *relieved*

But the kewl thing was, missing my bus was legit (not that it's not a common occurrence *l*) 'cuz I got to talk on the phone with Mijo for the very first time! After 5 years of chatting with him on the internet I finally got to hear a voice to match with the words. It was kinda weird, though, 'cuz I figured after all these years there wouldn't be that awkward sorta chitchat...but it was still kinda there. I guess it just can't be avoided. Still great, though...feels like even more of a "real" friend than before.

Last nite was pretty nippy...I think it's definitely time to retire the spring/summer trench and bring out the lovely wool coats. I love my wool coats. And don't guys just look damn sexy in theirs, too??? (I know Meesh agrees.) I got a new feather/down puffalump jacket for the winter 'cuz my beloved blue one is just falling apart on me after years and years of devoted service. Now I've got a black one. *sigh* Sucha blah common color! My kitten mittens and my fun scarves are all ready for action. Bring it on! In the fashion world I'm a "winter," so why would I dread a season where I shine???

Ohhh, dilemma! Peru-girl at work (she's offered to help/coach me with salsa dancing) is inviting me and a bunch of others out to SoHo's next Saturday nite! It'll be sooo intimidating being surrounded by people who are like salsa masters...but what better way to find a guy who loves and knows how to salsa? He may even be Puerto Rican! Goodness, to humble myself in the dancing world in order to find a smooth dance-y boy...I dunno.

Comments