See no evil? Hear no evil?


Aqua asked the question: would you rather be blind or deaf? Talk about a tough one. While I can't imagine what it would be like to stumble around in life because you can not see, I think if things changed suddenly tomorrow, I would rather be blind than deaf. At this point in our lives, we have seen our loved ones, seen things we like and dislike, enough that we will always have a memory of them in our minds. But to immediately be deprived of hearing their voices, and music (as we all know, music is really important to me) would crush my spirit a lot more than if I couldn't see them, I think. Perhaps I'm more of an aural person, and plus my eyesight being sketchy at times (particularly during vain bar jaunts when I refuse to wear my glasses), I would miss hearing more. While seeing someone's facial expressions can communicate more than words, the same can be said by their tone, though to a more subtle extent. I think I would be soothed more by a hug and kind words than a hug and a sympathetic face. It's a tough question to answer, 'cuz I can't imagine myself without either one of those senses, and maybe I'm not taking everything into consideration, but I think my hearing would be a greater loss than my vision. (Just look out when I'm dancing blindly to the music *s*)

Comments