She's got a ticket to ride


I'm going on the club crawl!

After some crazy commuting on Daisy's part and some madness for both of us, we (or more like it, SHE, as in Daisy) was able to get us crawl tix at the Bustloose office at a savings of 8 dollars for each of us.

Hey, don't laugh, that's pretty much enuf savings to cover the taxi that'll take our sorry hedonistic asses home that nite.

I had a huge grin on my face as we made our way home. I'm ecstatic to be part of all the festivities yet again. We both agree that no club crawl would ever top our very first one.

It was my last year of uni and I wanted to celebrate my final "official" BSD in style. I called out all the regular people to join me on the club crawl. As per usual, the only people who accompanied me are the tried and true Daisy, and luckily, my best friend Posie. And this was just them being kind...they were hesitant to shell out the money (18 dollars...if only we recognized whatta deal that was!) to join me on this adventure. None of us knew what to expect.

Luckily for us we had a blast. Or maybe it was luckier for me 'cuz they had no reason to kill me since they enjoyed themselves. Perhaps it was the fact that for most of the travel we were the only 3 girls on a bus full of crazy drunken guys. Or perhaps it was the shared euphoria on the bus from just finishing all our lectures for the year (or for having spent the whole morning/afternoon in the beer gardens, your pick.) Lots of memories, all good, on that little jaunt alone.

There was the guy who "(kept) it clean" by sweeping the tops of the cars we drove by with a long janitor's broom. There was the crazy afro boy who wore his long red underwear the whole day (complete with "back door"). There were all the insane guys with their rendition of Alouette involving bushy brows, bucky teeth, and droopy tits. There was broom boy again, who smooshed Posie against the window as he continued his efforts to "keep it clean." There was also our near brush with disaster at "Crack Alley" with our timely escape from the bubble pit and all the chaos that ensued regarding peoples' eyes getting burned. (Not a fun memory, but one I'll always remember regardless) Just the sheer madness...I'll treasure it forever and ever. We swore we'd do it again the following year since it would be Daisy's final year of uni.

Unfortunately, that never came to pass since they didn't offer the crawl next BSD. Was it something we did? We tried to reenact the festivities on last year's Halloween Club Crawl, and while still fun, it just wasn't the same. I don't think I'll ever come across a better time for a while to come, and I couldn't have shared it with better people than Daisy and Posie.

Anyway, we're trying again. And now it's just Daisy and me. Maybe we'll be lucky and this crawl will live up to our expectations. Maybe it won't and we'll just dance and drink the night away with the other mediocre revelers. Just keep the Tabu flowing.

Aqua and Aqua Boy found plans of their own and are intending to go to Coyote's the night of the club crawl. Perhaps we'll find them there whilst on our crawl? Only fate will tell.

Comments