Sunny days, sweeping the clouds away



I've known Sunny since 10th grade Physics. We rolled with 2 separate crowds, somedays I'd hang with her and her crew and once in a while I'd invite her out with my posse. She's a wonderful girl. I considered, and still consider, her a lot closer to me than many people who I would see on a more regular basis. Yay me for my marvelous instinct on this one. She was an infallible friend throughout our entire university journey.

I still consider her infallible. She has never failed me as a friend. Even for stoopid little predicaments I get myself into; like getting stranded at Posie's house when there's no more transit service available. She made it to my debut after Easter Vigil with her family, even though I'm sure she would've wanted to spend that time with them. When I told her I had cancer, she showed me a tape she had of radiation therapy and helped me understand what to expect. And the wonderful thing about Sunny is that I know it's not just me that she does all these kind things for. It's just the way she is, and I'm so happy there are people like her out there.

I really don't get to see her at all these days...a lot less than I'd truly like to. And I'm horrible for not calling people. But I knew that once we got in touch again it would be wonderful as always. So it was pretty hard to shut up and hang up the phone last nite when I finally did get my sorry ass to call her. We could have gone on talking forever, so much has gone on since the last time we hung out. Once again I had a stoopid lil thing to ask of her: could I borrow her boots this Saturday? I hadn't really thought about how I was going to get them from her, though. No worries, she said, she could drop them off on her way home from work. I didn't want her to go out of her way, though. What if she just passed them along to Aqua and then I could somehow get them from her? "No, I want to make sure you get to use them when you need them. I'll drop it off." Ahh, good old Sunny.

She makes everything alright, even when it doesn't really matter.

Comments