Take back the nite


Man, I haven't had a late nite in a while....that's such an "old person" thing to do. I've been home before 12:30 this whole weekend. Thankfully the Halloween pub crawl is next weekend. It promises to be a blast.

I had heard quite a few sources talk of how the movie Secretary was good stuffs so that was what Daisy and I had planned on watching Friday nite. However since it's an artsy-non-mainstream sort of movie (I'm really liking those these days) it was only playing at the Plaza and quite typical of us, we didn't get our act together quick enough and ended up late for the late showing. All was good, though. Strolled up and down Kensington Village and had some Indian food at Tandoori Hut. Hoooo, spicy stuffs...and that was mild! I have no idea how I'm going to sample the wares of the world with such a sensitive palate.

It was a beautiful evening, lots of kitschy people all over the village, it was nice to be a part of all that. Ended up at The House Sanctuary for some coffee since we had heard kewl things about it. Nope, not our thing. Nice place, but the whole vibe in the cafe was "Christian-rocker-love-fest" Open mic night with guitar-toting peaceful people praising God. I may be Catholic but I'm not used to open displays of Christianity outside of Church.

Tonite we tried to make up for the lack of cinematic content in our weekend activities. Most readily available option was the hugeass ripoff of a theatre, Chinook Paramount. Latina, Daisy, and I ended up watching Abandon starring that Dawson's Creek chick. I liked the boyfriend, he's got yummy hair and nice facial features (minus that nasty mole). Plus his wardrobe for the movie was classic....I've always liked that cas effortless preppy sport jacket look. I was quite impressed, I don't usually allow myself to think too much during movies but I had figured this one out like halfway into the film. It kinda ruined the rest of the movie for me, but it was an ego boost to prove myself right *s*

Zara opened in Chinook today. It wasn't as impressive as I thought it'd be. Too much of that boho-hippie-frilly crap. For cutting-edge fashion they sure follow the trendy bandwagon. I was disappointed in their lack of fashion foresight. But I suppose they'll make more money off of these people by selling what's in now rather than enlightening them on what will be hot later. Ain't it always the way?

Comments