Thankee much


Ah, Thanksgiving weekend is upon us Canadians. Had one dinner already tonite, one more to go tomorrow. Good thing I love turkey.

It hasn't been a bad weekend so far, and it's only 2/3 done! Friday after work I had dinner with Sunflower and Aqua. Had my philly cheesesteak at Moxie's as per usual. Had a bellini, as per usual. (Note: had another bellini at BPs later that nite, BP bellinis are crap) Latina and Daisy met up with me later and we went and watched Rules of Attraction. That movie was interesting, to say the least. I left the theatre not knowing what I thought of the movie. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't sure if I liked it. It lacked a lot of depth, in my opinion. But it did peak my interest in knowing more about the characters so I think I'll read the book. It was almost as if you were supposed to read the book as homework in preparation for watching the movie. So many questions I had about the movie were answered on the back cover summary of the novel alone. Anyway, the more I think about the movie, the more I realize I loved it in its own twisted little way. It was a really big tease.

Today's (Sunday) horoscope said that someone I really care about has feelings for me as well. I don't put much stock into horoscopes but I love how they just stroke your ego and make you feel better. I had fun daydreaming about who was liking me at the moment. Was it the Flamingo since I had just seen him a few hours ago? Was it someone else I haven't seen in a long time and was all of a sudden thinking about me after all this time? Good happy thoughts, head swelling.

I finally caught one of my brother's fob-ball games this season. Lots of lil white hoochies, lil Flip hoochies, lil Chinese hoochies...made me remember why I don't like hanging out with Flip guys and gals too much. Too much hoochieness going on. But it was a good day to watch fob-ball. First up was my brother's game, followed by the Flamingo's game, and then my godbrother's game. Flamingo has undoubtedly been immersed in the NE fobside now. We were cheering for opposing teams the whole time. I miss the good old childhood days when he was one of the southeasterners like me. Nice thing was, didn't see no hoochies around Flamingo after his game. Perhaps he's hoochieless? Overheard his brother saying that the two of them were gonna go on the Halloween club crawl again this year, even more motivation for me to go. It's a shame I don't know which one they're on, though.

Interesting thing about the Flamingo is, I'm not so enamored over him as I used to be way back when, but I still think it'd be nice to see what a relationship with him would be like. Everytime we run into one another it's the same old games over and over again, and I can't be sure if it's 'cuz he's thinking the same thing, or maybe we're just going through the usual motions for the sake of nostalgia. In either case, this whole see you/see me, hear you/hear me game is getting old and tired.

Comments