Thickie-thick girl


Series and season premieres abound this month in TV-land. Some days it can be very stressful (like tonite, what am I going to do??? Bachelor 2 and Amazing Race 2 are both on at the same time! Which one do I watch and which do I tape?) and other nites it can be pretty dead. There was a lotta hype in the paper yesterday about a new sitcom called Less Than Perfect. Big (no pun intended) selling point of the show was that the main character is a full figured woman. I decided to give it a peek. It would be a great show, for sure, if it weren't for them being so shallow and stereotypical. First off, the title: Less Than Perfect. Give me a break! The whole concept of a show based on a full-figured girl trying to fit in with the gorgeous size 8s is ridiculous. I would hope I'm the one who isn't the norm, but I've never had a problem with people teasing me about my size, and I've always had great rapport with the "in" crowds in jr. high and high school. (I tell ya, your whole future social life in school rests on how well you network in kindergarten) Nobody has ever given me looks or made comments about my size. If anything, I think shows like this make bigger girls' self-esteem issues even worse. I'm happy for that actress on the show, but if I were her I'd use my pull to get a better script. Those 2 "beautiful people" characters irk me and are so unbelievably stereotypical and it doesn't even make them funny! Right now this show is playing out like a health class video for peer pressure/fitting in issues.

But the absolute worst ever has got to be the movie Shallow Hal. Everything about that movie is just plain wrong, and again it wasn't even funny. This could just be due to my intense dislike of everything Jack Black (the hugest moron on the planet right now) but the movie still sucked. No moral to the story in this film. If anything, it screamed out "even a big-tittied, hairy twit would never fall in love with a large woman unless he were hypnotized or brainwashed!" And who would want Jack Black's love anyway? If I were "Rosie" I'd be lamenting the fact that such a loser is in love with me. They should have had her character be an extremely confident woman who dumps his ass when she realizes she deserves someone better and hotter. There was no redeeming qualities for the plotline at all. Sure they married in the end, but he had to be "tricked" into liking her before actually realizing she was indeed beautiful inside??? It's a stupid worthless movie, I was pissed off when my brother actually spent money to buy the DVD. Jack Black sucks goat nuts. Anyway, I'll back down now.

Speaking of dumping asses due to deserving better/hotter people, this girl on Elimidate the other nite stole my idea and elimidated ALL the guys. I always wanted to be the one to do that! Sure if I actually found someone I connected with I wouldn't elimidate him, but usually the guys they've picked have mostly been duds so I don't blame her for getting rid of the whole bunch. I would've done the same thing.

Comments