Walking in a winter wonderland


I ask you: Where is the beautiful snow of yesterday?

The roads show no signs of snow, just wetness. Same with the sidewalks. Where is all the gorgeous snow???

I decided to walk to work outside yesterday instead of the plus 15s. All the beautiful chubby snowflakes...I couldn't help but smile. Ended up 5 minutes late for work, but it didn't faze me at all.

Don't people realize that the coming of snow means that we should all slow down and relax? Animals hibernate in the winter, to an extent we ought to be doing the same thing.

Winter means tumbling about in the snow with the little ones, followed by yummy hot chocolate. It means snuggling under a blanket with a loved one while watching some TV while everything dulls down to a hush outside. Winter is all about walking around outside enjoying the purity and serenity of the snow blanketing a world that just doesn't know how to calm down and take it easy.

Why are you all running around in a mad rush? Can't you enjoy the moment for what it is?

Well, now you all just suck. Look at what you've all gone and done...the snow has retreated and we're left with this cold bitter wind.

At least my complexion will be stellar this season. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a date I need to prepare for. And if he doesn't make this chill any more bearable, well then he sucks, too.

Comments