The world is mine!


Woo hoo! I now have my very own guestmap that I've been envying other blogs for. Sooo exciting. It just gets better and better. Although I suspect that at this point in the "blog game" most of my maptags will be from the exact same spot on the map, it'll still be kewl. Someday I'm gonna be a blogging star alongside the likes of Meesh and Scaryduck, then people from all over the world will be tagging my map.

While I was working my retail job last weekend a customer just said straight out "You have very silky hair...it's very shiny." Bless her heart! I always forget how compliments can make everyone feel good. Daisy is great with doling out compliments to everyone. I've found I tend to be more stingy with them; must change that. That customer had ironic timing that day, I was feeling extremely down about my hair as it is still falling out due to the radiation therapy I received. (Based on Chinookbug's radiation experience, I can expect that for a couple of months more.) It makes me hesitant to brush/shampoo my hair a whole lot just 'cuz I see how much hair comes out with each action.

*l* I remember the very first day I realized my hair was starting to come out. I had just taken a shower and was brushing my hair when what I would call a significant clump of hair came out with the brush. I just stood there staring at my brush, the hair just came straight out with no struggle and it hadn't even hurt! "Daddy, my hair is starting to fall out." (All this after I was convinced that all the "common symptoms" they had warned me about would NEVER happen to me.) And my sweet father, with his "pretend-the-whole-situation-doesn't-exist-and-then-all-will-be-right-with-the-world" way of trying to protect us all responds with "Just don't look at it!" But how could I NOT look at it??? It wasn't really horrifying, just a gruesome fascination with all the hair that came out painlessly. If only keeping legs and pits hairfree and shaping eyebrows were this easy! Nowadays it gets me a little down once in a while. When is it going to stop? Luckily I have a thick "bank" of hair on my head so it's not that noticeable. I can't even remember what my hair was like with its original thickness.

That lady had no idea how good her compliment had made me feel that day, and she didn't even have to try. *s* Must remember to compliment others (sincerely, of course) more often.

Comments