Another "match" made in television heaven


I'll say it again, boys with airborne toys are damn sexy.

Forget about driving and telling me about your souped up car, tell me you can fly and I'm ALL YOURS baybeh! Travolta can fly, he's way too old for me plus he's married. But he's an incredible guy. Don't believe me? Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Pulp Fiction. Enough said.

As much as I love the insanity of reality dating shows, I just didn't bother sitting through the entire 2 hour finale of the Bachelor last nite. I just kept the TV on, listening in on what was going on, and occasionally sitting in front of the tv to get some "visuals."

As far as bachelors go, Aaron was a way better "catch" than last year's Alex, in my humble opinion. A total class act in almost every sense of the word, he'd fit right in with the Kennedys. A polished pianist, budding restaurateur, bank vice-president, leisure pilot. Yeah, he tugged at all the materialistic heartstrings of my little heart. Love him? Not in that short a time frame. But who wouldn't jump him after he shows you his swanky loft (I LOVE lofts), his personal plane, his future restaurant, the billboard that advertises his status and power at the bank? A golddigger's dream: his name is Aaron Buerge. I'm not saying that that's all the man is; sex on legs with money. But it definitely helps sway women, and creates an instant attraction (albeit very shallow). Marry a man like him and you're set for life. You don't have to worry about feeding your children let alone having something to wear to this weekend's chichi function. His act of refusing the show producers' offers of money and paying for the engagement ring out of his own pocket was a nice gesture and made it feel like he really was genuine and sweet. But that would just make him practically perfect.

As for the women "finalists," I wasn't very enthusiastic about either of them. Helene came across as really insincere and fake. And good god her voice and laugh were getting annoying! Her look doesn't work in Aaron's world, she's lower class. The shade of her nail polish was hideous. (Goodness, am I being catty? *lol*) I liked the style of the dress she chose for the proposal, but I could find a dress like that in your basic mall-type store. She was a total actress, I assume 'cuz she knew what a "catch" Aaron was so she'd say and do whatever she had to do to "win" the proposal. (Is it true, 'cuz I wasn't watching at the time, that she spent the night in Aaron's pad on their final date? The hussy!) I think my beef with Helene stems a lot from the fact that she behaves, and even looks, like Ursula the Evil Sea Witch in human seductress form just like in Disney's the Little Mermaid.

I didn't want Brooke to win either due to the fact that she had become all ga-ga over Aaron so quickly that it could possibly come to no good. As much as I believe in the same sort of fate as she does "when it happens it just happens" I wasn't sensing him getting all high on their love like she was. It was terrible seeing how hurt she was, but it really was for the best.

But what was up with him actually proposing??? He should have presented the ring and then said he was going to hold onto it for a while, just like Alex did last year. It would make him look more committed to developing the relationship rather than jumping into the deep end too impulsively. Plus Helene's sugary sweet acceptance made it seem like she had been rehearsing the whole thing in her mind on the limo ride over. Yet again, another dating reality show pisses me off. But how I love to hate them!

Comments