I'll be home for Christmas (and I always will.)


I am definitely craving some teppanyaki/sushi action right about now. Maybe I'll be able to hold off until the weekend. Maybe Civic will help a sister out, perhaps I should call up my godsister and go to Ginza with her and the hubby. Or maybe me and the familia will luck out with time to have a dinner out together. It's been a while since we've eaten out together.

Speaking of the familia, I'm feeling much better now. I was in a funk Sunday nite but all was resolved Monday.

I'm fanatical about Christmas, and noone in the house was taking the initiative to set up the Christmas tree this year. (Traditionally, though I don't know how we came up with this date, we always put up the tree on the 22nd of November.) I asked my mom about it and she said "why don't you and the baby (sister) just do it yourselves?" Well of course the lil sister has to go to bed due to school the next day. I carried the tree upstairs hoping it would get the ball rolling, but no. Weird Kid was busy doing homework, mom wanted to play on the computer, grandma was sleeping along with baby sis, daddy was watching tv. It was all up to me to set up the tree.

Let me tell you, it was the most depressing and loneliest experience I've had in a really long time. I couldn't even make the event more cheerful by listening to Christmas CDs which I'm wont to do on those occasions. Now I understand why some lonely people despise the holidays; and I feel horrible that they have to experience that all the time. Setiing up the Christmas tree (and all things Christmas, really) is supposed to be a community thing....a friend thing....and definitely a family thing. After putting the lights on the tree I gave up on decorating the tree any further. I just wasn't in the mood anymore. Hopefully there'd be more participation from the family if I let them look at the barren tree for a day or two.

Thankfully I didn't have to wait very long. My mom, baby sis, and I almost finished decorating the tree last nite. I just have to go out and buy more ornament hooks. And may I boast our tree is looking absolutely lovely this year (I got to pick the theme this time). It definitely lifted my spirits.

I vow to never ever decorate a tree by myself ever again. I dread living on my own and having to decorate my place solo for the holidays. I'm definitely having tree-decorating parties when I'm older.

Comments