I'm not big, it's just baby phat


I've been craving some new hot gear the past few days and I had my mind set on some baby phat. That Kimora Simmons has definitely got her finger on the pulse of hot urban chic stylings and I've wanted some to add to my collection forever. Only mainstream chain where I knew I could acquire some baby phat gear was Athlete's World...and it's not even the kewl high-end stuffs but I didn't care. I just need a baby phat shirt right away.

Imagine my frustration when I go over to Athlete's World and there is no bp (I don't mean Boston Pizza) to be found. Oh sure, they've got Phat Farm, but what good does that do for the ladies? So now I must venture further...perhaps Brix, maybe Hot Gossip. (Anyone know if bellylint carries baby phat? I think they also carry j.lo. If anyone can confirm this Latina and I can be super efficient and go shopping for the both of us at the same time.)

At a lack for anything else to do I checked out their website and even rifled through eBay to see what kinda gear they had there. By all means, I do not declare myself to be a baby phat expert considering I've yet to own an item from the collection. However, some of the items up for auction that I found simply looked fake. I have no way of confirming whether or not they were fake since the bp website only has the latest collection of items. But some items just did not scream out "Kimora Simmons by design!" I mean, like a tie-dyed peasant blouse with a block font baby phat logo...it just doesn't fly, and I doubt Ms. Simmons would lend her label and name to such an item. Then there were the really questionable items. For instance velour hoody track suits (which I LOVE) available in 1X and 2X. As far as I know, baby phat does not carry plus sizes. But then again, I could be totally wrong, however I did not find it on their website. Perhaps it's a really limited selection of pieces available in those sizes. After all, I know Missy Elliott, Queen Latifah, and Pepa Denton must all own at least one baby phat piece of clothing....and unless Kimora custom made them for those ladies then there must be some plus size clothing lying around. Sometimes, the slinky cat logo was a tad askew, sometimes it just looked plain messed up. On others, the well-known script font was shoddily printed/embroidered. I don't think getting my baby phat gear off the internet is the way to go, that's for sure. You can't be assured of it's authenticity (unless you buy off their site).

For all my internet peeps and friends who want to get together and make a girl extremely thrilled? Hook this chica up with some fly baby phat and she will be eternally grateful. Food for thought: Christmas-time!

Comments