Ho Ho Hooooh Boy!


Oh man, the holidays just plain hurt. But you know you like it! *s*

The past 4 days can be summed up pretty much in 3 F words: Family, Food, and Friends, each one more prevalent than the next, but put them all together and you end up totally spent.

And then sprinkle in there a few days of work? Paaaaain. Even just sitting there at your desk doing nothing totally drains you. And retail on the weekends? Kiss your stamina goodbye, my friends.

Last nite, my brother, godbrother and I opted out of my grandaunt's birthday party (simply 'cuz it'd be the bazillionth time we'd have seen the family this week, let alone gorged ourselves) and just hung out with some Peter's Drive In (right, like THAT'S not indulgent) and watched Reign of Fire with some of their friends. It was alright I guess, not the best movie in the world in my opinion.

I look to my left, Weird Kid's eyes are closed and his friend is laying on the couch. She's gone, too. Spydermonkey's coworker is sitting in the armchair next to mine, out cold as well.

I turn to my right, Spydermonkey is in dreamland as well. Everyone is just wiped this week. I ended up finishing the movie by myself, nobody woke up until the last 5 minutes.

If I was gonna watch a movie on my own, there were others in Spydermonkey's massive collection that I would've rather seen.

You may be asking: if I'm so pooped, why am I still up and blogging at this hour?

I plead night-owlism. I think that was another thing that was damaging to my overall energy level this whole week. Too many late nites playing with the new Christmas swag. And Boxing Day swag (I treated myself to a new TV, only had to line up for an hour and a half as the sun rose *groans*), my first Boxing Day on the other side of retail in over 5 years. I dare someone who gets irate maneuvering through the Boxing Day hordes to even try the other sides shoe's for one Boxing Day. Walking away from the mall madness before store closing was one of the most liberating feelings I've had in a while.

Hopefully I'll be able to blog more in the next few days. The agency has been jumping lately so no time to blog at work, and well, I'm still enthralled with the holiday bounty when I'm at home. Sorry to neglect you all, just thought I'd report in to tell you:

I survived Christmas 2002!

Comments