Hooray for Bollywood!


Another weekend come and gone. At long last Daisy and I caught the film Bollywood/Hollywood in Kensington. The movie gods smiled down on us and blessed us with a re-engagement of the flick at the Plaza Theatre. And thank goodness they did! That movie was very well done. Definitely not a "deep" movie that will educate you on the modern day lives of East Indian people, but it's highly entertaining even for those who are not familiar with the territory.

I mean, I'm not very learned on their whole culture...I've tried a bit of their food, heard a bit of their music, seen them in their traditional dress, watched a few snippets of Bollywood movies on that ethnic channel, and that's pretty much it. But I loved the movie!

I'm so grateful we got another chance to catch it. Since it's a Canadian production I doubt we'd ever find it on video after it left the theatres.

Comments