Keeping it real


Amazing Race kicks Survivor's butt.

I can't understand why it doesn't get more, or at least as much, love as frigging Survivor. But oh well, what can one lil girl do? If you ask me, it's no contest. With Amazing Race you actually see exotic locations with the exotic locals doing exotic activities It's exotic.

On Survivor I really don't see anything exotic about it. Thailand, Africa, where were the other ones? I don't know and I don't care. They all looked the same, and they all did the same kind of things. Sure, if you were on the show you would get to tell people "Well, I spent 39 days in Thailand, that's over a month!" And then someone asks you what you did during your 39 days there.

Hey now, all you have to show for it is possibly a million dollars, if you're the lucky winner. No pictures, though you have a whole series which will inevitably end up on DVD. But what did you do? "Umm, well, we built a hut on the beach, caught fish, went swimming, played some games, stabbed each other in the back, and ate some bugs."

"Interesting, what were the locals like?"

"I dunno, I never saw one."

"Where did you go? What did you see?"

"I stayed on the beach, I saw the beach and a little bit of jungle, I also saw a dead baby bat."

"Wow, you sure made the most out of your time in Thailand."

Daisy and I have always thought we'd be fantastic in Amazing Race, with our whole passion for seeing the world and all. But two problems with that come to mind. 1) Neither of us can drive, yet. And 2) Getting to see all these wonderful sites, I wouldn't want to zip through them and would probably dawdle. I'm sure Daisy can relate.

So I was happy that they let the teams have their pictures taken in front of the Petronas Towers last nite. To have the opportunity to see these beautiful things and not have any souvenirs of the experience would choke me. I'd be pretty useless as a partner in the race 'cuz I'd be clicking away at everything I saw like a lil shutterbug. Screw reading the map!

The twins, Derek and Drew, are still in the game. That's exciting. Some extra eye candy for you if seeing these worldly wonders isn't enough to feast your eyes upon.

Flo and Zach are, unfortunately, still in the game. That really pisses me off. Flo is such a whiny little, ugh, I can't even say it. Poor Zach, being stuck with such a bag. That tantrum she pulled in Switzerland was tacky and disgusting. If I had been Zach I would've shoved her off the boat to cool her off. (Teaser: It looks like Zach may be growing a spine 'cuz the preview of next week's ep shows a whiny Flo, quel surprise, screaming "Why are you leaving me here???")

Ken and Gerrard are still there, I don't have much to say about those two 'cuz their neither hot (a la Derek and Drew) nor are they scandalous (a la Flo and Zach).

Teri and Ian are still in the running. I don't really like them since they are another team that abuses one another. I would rather have them out, I suppose, 'cuz having them still in means that

JOHN VITO AND JILL ARE OUT!!!!

Why, oh why, oh why??? I am so sad. They were beautiful to one another which made them a strong and unified team. Why did they have to go? Oh well, I hope they got to enjoy Singapore a little more. My mom tells me it's beautiful there.

Comments