Let's make a deal


Kelly recently referred to me as the "goddess of shopping." Call me megalomaniacal but I kinda like that. :)

Civic just treated me to lunch. Following Kelly's vein, the lunch could've been considered an offering to the shopping goddess. *giggles* The occasion? I saved him 75.00 on his new winter coat, at a store which does not regularly have sales or discounts. He handed me a 20 and said "Go nuts." Usually that's a really bad idea; saying those two words whilst handing me some money. But there's only so much a girl can eat and I didn't feel like eating anything really exotic. I only used up like 6 bucks of his 20 so his actual savings on the coat was more like 70.00.

Shopping is a crazy game, though. You have to time it perfectly. I recently got a PS2 on my associate discount at Zeller's, only to have them drop the price another 20 bucks retail. I dunno if it's worth the hassle of bringing that big box back to get the price adjusted to save me an additional 3 bucks (which is really all it would come to, even though the retail price drop sounds like a whole lot).

Depending on a store's shopping policy/price guarantee it does pay to lurk around for a bit. I admit, I'm a lurker at Le Chateau. Since they only refund to credit note and their merchandise is so 3-second-trendy I don't like slapping down money to pay full price for their stuffs. If you lurk them for a month or so, you get a feel for whether or not the item you are eyeing has some staying power style-wise and by then they've moved onto a new trend so your item is now on the clearance rack. Find your size and fit on that clearance rack and you're laughing. You've got a new piece of clothing that is still wearable without being dated or tacky, plus you probably saved at least 40%.

That's another game I play, I window shop so much that I enjoy seeing all the trendoid girls strutting about. I think about how much that outfit would cost retail and where they got it, and then think of how much it would cost a week or month from now when it would not be "cool" to wear it in public any longer. Catty? I guess so. I may tend to consider you foolish if you pay full retail for flash-in-the-pan trends. Malicious? That's not my intent. Just keeping the "skills" fine-tuned.

Moschino is an assistant manager at a mens wear store. More impressively, he's a buyer for the chain. He gets to pick which items of which lines their store gets to carry. I have always dreamt of having such a job! Mind you, if people like what I buy then I would end up with 100s of biters on my style. Augh, perish the thought! If there's one thing I can not stand, it's biters.

Comments