My mama told me "You'd better shop around."


Love love LOVE shopping, and even better, Christmas shopping!

Love the retail hookups. Love them.

"What you think, you're like me? You ain't like me, motha f*****. I know mad people, connected people. Who do you know?"--Carlito's Way

I don't know who added that quote to my website's quote list, but it's quite fitting for this blog entry today.

It was all about retail hookups this weekend. Did I take advantage of them? Not to the fullest extent, but the point is, the connections were there.

My cousin gave me 2 invitations to Family and Friends Day at Banana Republic. I didn't use mine 'cuz I'm not really a BR girl but I let Civic have one. It was kinda scary how ecstatic he was over a 30% discount. *lol* Oh well, at least it was well appreciated....that kid would be a poster boy for BR if he had the money, I swear.

Peru-girl's boo works at the Gap so she got us all hooked up for Gap's Family and Friends Day...unfortunately ran out of time and didn't get to take advantage of that one.

No worries, I'm sure Mexx's F+F day is approaching.

Reitman's never has those, cheap-ass bastards. But I've still got friends there so I should peruse the wares at their store, Smart Set, and RW&Co, maybe work out a lil deal.

Retail connections rock. Work with a few people and then move on to another job and all of you have this whole network of discounts at your fingertips. Posie's friends work at Wireless Wave and Club Monaco, so hopefully they can hook us up with some Caban. Reitman's alumni work at Bryan's, Aldo, and La Senza Girl now. That's fabulous. Aldo sets up benefits with Globo, Transit, and Pegabo. Work at La Senza Girl and you get deals with La Senza, Silk & Satin, Suzy Shier, Anne X, L.A. Express, and La Vie En Rose. Bryan's always has nice stuffs...just need an occasion to wear it. Still have peeps at Abington's Animals, Sears, Boutique of Leather, and Rafters. Thingy knows people from Foot Locker and Athlete's World. Weird Kid has friends at Bluenotes. Combine all that with my SPC and preferred customer cards and it's as if at least 3/4 of the whole mall is my bitch.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy just thinking about it. And yet I am a shopping saint, it's a wonder I don't spend more money. I think that deserves a little a treat today. *s*

But perhaps I've treated myself enough. Yesterday was the Bay's F+F day, add that discount onto my employee discount and everything becomes one hell of a deal. Surprisingly enough I only spent 115 yesterday, so I got quite a bit of Christmas shopping done. But then looking in my shopping bag almost half of it is little things for me, myself, and I. Ah well, it was stuffs I wouldn't ask of people for Christmas so nobody can complain that I'm filling up my wishlist myself.

Next weekend is Zeller's F+F day...hopefully I'll finish my Christmas shopping then. Toys! I love buying toys!

Comments