Retail schmetail


Oh man, due to the post-holidays lull, my weekend retail job hours have been cut from 2 8-hour days to one 6-hour shift.

To be honest, I can't complain about that. Since that money goes straight into my "pay-off-the-student-loan" account it doesn't affect me much. Just slows down the repayment of my loan. And it is quite nice to have a whole day all to myself to use as I see fit. Case in point: After Saturday Night Fever Saturday afternoon I even had time to help Daisy go cell-phone shopping and watch Catch Me If You Can that evening.

I may even ask them if could be a permanent schedule change. *giddy at the thought*

And those new uniforms do not motivate me to work any more hours there than I need to. My store has become one of the guinea pigs for this uniform project. I hate those shirts. As far as I can tell, everyone hates those shirts, even the customers.

But....there IS one thing that will keep me working there. He was there this afternoon, a dang sex god, working stock right in my store!

Oh my god, I sooooo love him. Perhaps lust is a better term...but damn! I wish....

I wish a lotta things. *grins*

Happened across him while wandering through my department. He asked me a work-related question. I would've yawned had I not been mesmerized by his absolute hotness. I answered his question so as not to look like a complete fool then rushed back to my counter to recount to D-girl what, or more specifically, who I had just discovered and what kinda info she could give me on the guy.

But I didn't get a chance to say anything to her when he showed up again. More shop talk. More drooling over his sexy bod.

Then, D-girl shocked me. "He's pretty hot," she said "and I don't mind saying that even though he's not my type."

Oh good god, he's so hot even the gay girls think he's hot! Unfortunately, her statement made me realize that she was about as clueless as to his identity as I was. Beautiful thing was, since she wasn't into him, and all our fellow sales associates were either not there today or already spoken for, yours truly had 100% dibs on stalking rights for the day. *giggles*

D-girl, bless her, helped me come up with lil projects and excuses for me to go see him up at the dock. Trying to be non-chalant about it, I only "bumped" into him 4 times the whole day. You know, couldn't overdo it. That'd be too obvious. But, uh, 4 times within a 6-hour shift? I think "obsessed" could be a good word for this.

When I went up to the dock to hand him a transfer I had packed up, he asked if that was it. Secretly, I was answering him in my head.

"Yeah, that desk. You. Me. RIGHT NOW."

Mmmmm, I want him so so soooo bad. I just want to run my hands all over that gorgeous chest of his, and look into those amazing eyes trying to figure out what he's thinking. Windows to the soul, you know.

Damn, I have to wait a whole week until I can lust after him again.

Comments