La vida rica

Beautiful.

Daisy and I were able to get rush seats to tonite's performance of Evita. As I've said, it was a Theatre Calgary production so I wasn't expecting too much, but it completely blew me away! The sets were designed, I swear, by such creative geniuses that each scene was full to the brim with details. A very rich and complete production. Their voices and dancing completely blew me away. Such talent! We got amazing value on those rush seats, the show is easily worth the full regular admission.

So before the show, I was craving falafels. The flaw in our plan was wandering around Stephen Avenue on our way to Falafel King. I got so distracted by all the other foods. Casa de la Salsa, Thai Rose, Cedar's Deli (Lebanese)...so many choices! Ended up with an alternate plan at Juan's Mexican Restaurant. Guacamole? Fantastic! That was some really excellent guac. Daisy had some kinda tostadas thing (why do all Spanish/Mexican/Latino/Hispanic dishes have such long names?) and I had, essentially, the chicken fajitas. Ay! Me gusta muchisimo! And our waiter was so incredibly nice. We split this desert, again I can't think of the full Spanish name...but basically it was crepes with cajeta sauce. We were unsure what that was last time we were in a Mexican restaurant but now I've figured out it must be the creamy caramel sauce. Damn, such goodness! I'll have to ask Mijo if my assumptions about the cajeta thingie are dead on. Spent a whole lot more than if I had stayed focused on getting falafels, and I feel bad about that 'cuz I didn't want Daisy to have to spend so much. But that was soooooo good...I don't think either of us were really in any mood to complain.

I had a Spanish coffee at the theatre. It's just been a Spanish day for me, yes it has.

Comments