L's gon' give it to ya!

Cradle 2 The Grave opens today. (Warning! It's not at Canyon Meadows like CalgaryMovies.com claims) Are you excited? I am.

I so am. Why?

Reason no. 1: Mark Dacascos. I had the biggest crush on this guy back when I saw Only The Strong. Yeah, he's not very famous, but he's still hot and he still does his martial arts thing well. Bonus: He's the big bad guy in this movie. Yeah, babee! Hottie bad guys are sexy. Hopefully he hasn't aged too much. It has been some time since I've seen him in a movie.

Reason no. 2: Jet Li rocks as well. Yeah, he's not terrific eye candy...but it's always beautiful watching him kick some bad-guy butt. Romeo Must Die may not have been the best movie in the world, but that fight scene with Russell Wong (another martial arts hottie) surrounded by fire was golden.

Reason no. 3: DMX. Perhaps not his acting abilities, but more his soundtrack contributions. I love it when he growls. Love it. Plus, the theme song X Gon' Give It To Ya is one of the best songs I've heard for Tae Bo thus far. Granted, with my busted toe I can't do the kicks or jump around or anything. For now I have to settle for punching, and I do that while sitting on my Fit Ball to work on my core a bit more without killing my foot. I love my Fit Ball

Does anybody else feel all nuts when they show that scene where Jet Li is descending a building one story at a time? Letting go of the ledge and dropping to the next one? Set to X Gon' Give It To Ya it fills me with crazy awe.

In a little more than 5 hours this weekend will be off to a great start. Me and the siblings (Weird Kid and Baby Sis) are going out for dinner at Open Sesame. The parents gave us a gift certificate, ain't they sweet? After that we're gonna join up with Spydermonkey and Posie (hopefully) and all catch Cradle 2 The Grave together. The fact that the whole "childhood friends" crew are going to be together tonite fills me with hope that the evening will end with some bubble tea consumption. Yes? Let's hope so. Mmmm....I'm feenin' for some chocolate bubble tea right about now. Perhaps I can't wait. Perhaps I should walk over to Chinatown during my lunch break. Perhaps.

Comments