Spring is coming, need more closet space!

I can't explain my latest shopping finds. I honestly can't. It feels like I'm compromising the image I've been trying to develop over the years. But then I realized, what image? My image has thrived on having people not expect what I'm going to be wearing...and I need to continue running with that.

First not-Leah-yet-is-so-now-Leah item: a studded little baguette bag by Nine West. First off, the studs have an antiqued brass look to them, really rugged. Secondly, when D-Girl showed me the bag (which she got only a couple days before me, despite how I thought it wasn't such a great bag back then) the zipper pull is one ridiculously big loop of pleather. Almost like a wrist strap of its own. I dunno, I still shake my head over this recent purchase...but it's pure funk and has been serving me quite well so far. And how can I complain about owning another Nine West bag!

Second was-not-Leah item: a crocheted skullcap. Yes, I caved and bought one after trying it on. I rather like how I look in it. Sure, I look like a biter since I'm the one who introduced the skullcaps to Daisy, who now owns 2. But unlike Daisy, I intend on wearing mine. (Sorry, girl, I'm just bugging ya) And with the way I've been shopping lately, there will be more uses for that skullcap than I originally planned.

Third item that I cannot explain: a pair of black low-rise flares with a lace inset at the flare. I'm all about lace, and I'm all about low-rise. The fact that I "trended out" (and it's not even a cutting edge trend, alas!) and bought a pair of pants that have lace detail is beyond explanation for me. I just needed new pants for work, and none of the basic ones were doing it for me. Plus, it was another excellent deal...and trendy pieces are alright if the price is right. (One of Leah's shopping rules: Never pay over 20 dollars on a trend item. Wardrobes are supposed to be all about classic pieces)

Fourth item: Alright, in my defense this piece does have a bit of my intended style. The Asian stylings I've always liked, the shirt has kanji scrolls interspersed in the design. It's red, it's camel, it's black, and a tinge of green. It reminds me a bit of a Mossimo shirt I saw a while back. The kicker that makes it not me? The slitted and flared sleeve. Sooooo not me. Other people can work the look, but for me it screams out Shania Twain/Destiny's Child wannabe. Not to mention the bodice on this shirt is so snug it's practically a second skin. Nevertheless, it called to me, and so it became mine.

Four trend pieces for 51.15. None too shabby, I think, way under the 80 dollars plus tax I would budget for such things. Mind you, if each piece was 20 dollars I probably wouldn't have picked them up.

My shopping obsession with underwear rages on. Did you know that Zellers (a Canadian rival for Wal-Mart) carries DKNY underwear??? Neither did I, and at 4.33 a pair I just had to have a few. Don't ask how many pairs and how many styles of underwear I've got now. I've lost count. But I could go at least 2 months easy without doing any laundry, maybe even 3 months at this point. I really have no clue. Blows your mind, doesn't it?

In other fashion news, Eve's line Fetish should be getting ready to hit the stores this Spring. I hope it's not delayed. I can't wait to see the line. I suppose I'll have to trek to the US to see it, but I'm not complaining about that...always love having something different from the people around here.

Another kewl girl with a line coming out! Gwen Stefani of No Doubt is coming out with a line, L.A.M.B., slotted to hit stores this fall. Ridiculously ironic, I can't believe there's going to be a line out there with my name on it (literally).

Man...Eve and Gwen with clothing lines...I'm going to have to start saving up. US dollars hurt. Luckily, the loonie is rising. Bow down!

Comments