Token of Affection


Hose Monster mentioned the whole commercial Valentine's Day holiday thingie. I agree with him wholeheartedly. I resent being told how to act, how to feel, much like a puppet.

However, that being said, I still love the holiday decor. I love the reds, I love the pinks (not together, mind you), the chocolate, the stuffed animals, the cinnamon hearts, the candy conversation hearts. I love the pajamas, the pampering, the whole princess treatment.

But, come on, people! Why must all this go down on February 14th? Why can't it be any other day?

Unfortunately, there is no undoing the commercial brainwashing. More than a few peoples' feelings would be hurt if they didn't get some form of adoration/attention on Valentine's Day. I think I would even have to include myself in that category. *ashamed* It would mean so much more on any other day, though.

A coworker is going out for V day on the 13th with the girl she's seeing. "Genius!" I told her. There will be less of a mob at the movie theatre. If they choose to go to dinner, they'll receive better service from the staff who will have more time to attend to them. What an excellent strategy she has! Not to mention, her girl is going out on a date on the true Valentine's Day with a guy she's seeing. If her date with the girl goes well the night before, then this dude will have a whole lot of expectation to live up to.

Comments