We love you, Vern!

I treated my mom by taking her out for noshies and then the Home and Garden Show last nite. You know? It's kind of like the Everything About Sex show. You pay admission to get into a room where everybody is trying to sell you something. Basically you pay money to get into a place where you pay more money. Lots of great ideas, though. When I have my own pad, I'm going to have a blast (and if there's a significant other, he better keep his mouth shut and leave all the decorating to me :D I have a vision and it's not going to be swayed.)

The Home and Garden show doesn't sound like my cuppa tea, but I always enjoy it. Mommy and me had great fun looking at all the window treatments, the landscaping suggestions, bathroom and kitchen renovations. If money were infinite, the two of us would have a field day with the house. Then again, if finances were not an issue, we may butt heads a little over how to spend it.

Anyway, the highlight of the evening was seeing Vern Yip. Fellow Trading Spaces addicts will recognize his name mad quick. Unfortunately, he had a "media engagement" after his little show so I couldn't get his autograph, picture, nothing. But I still enjoyed the hour we got to listen to him. I thought he'd speak about decorating ideas. Instead, it was like a Behind-The Scenes interview with the audience about what Trading Spaces is really like. I couldn't have asked for anything better.

Vern is by far my fave Trading Spaces designer. That vintage Hollywood bonus room he designed for that newlyweds' entertainment centre? Classic! I would kill to have a room like that. That was my favorite room design, hands down. If I had to surrender the decorating rights to my house and home, I'd scour the ends of the earth to have Vern take it over for me. Vern Yip rocks my interior designing world.

He's coming out with a book of decorating ideas in October sometime. That's going to kick some major ass.

Amazing how a straight guy can be such a designing virtuoso, no? *giggles*

Comments