Another year

I'm just over 2 weeks away from becoming another year older. Man, I know age is just a number but I don't like these bigger digits.

When I was an itty bitty girl, I imagined I'd be married with kids (or at least a kid) by now. The plan was to graduate from university, marry the guy I fell in love with at the university, and have my first baby before...well, let's just say that deadline's been missed.

Lana's sort of my baby substitute. She's my best friend's little girl, of course, but I still get to spoil her and have fun with her and everything. Actually, there are a lot of baby substitutes all around me thanks to this crazily expanding family of mine. Always makes for good times.

On the opposite end of the life spectrum, I also realized it's been over a week since my one year anniversary of the surgery that forever changed my life. I can't remember the exact date I got the diagnosis although I could always look it up. But it's pretty much right about this time last year. People my age should still feel invincible, in my opinion. To have a constant reminder that things come to an end totally sucks. Luckily, I tend to forget this fact easily. It's too much of a party-pooper if I dwell on it too often.

What a tough situation, another year older (booooo) but also another year that I'm still around (yay!)

Comments