Cha-ching!

You know, this new-fangled concept of retail therapy is not all it's cracked up to be.

Daisy came to visit for lunch and my Lenten resolve was tested already. I had a Big Mac and iced tea. Well played out, I think. So after lunch I figured I deserved a shopping treat. Then again, every single day I always manage to "deserve" a shopping treat, but today cost a tad more. I figured I'd pick up some more Victoria's Secret tights, 'cuz they're very practical for the weather we've been having and I love how they feel on.

So did I end up with my tights? Yes. So that's good, right? Not exactly. I wandered around before I even got to the hosiery department 'cuz there were a few things in fragrances and cosmetics I wanted to check out. FYI: That new Alfred Sung fragrance, Sha, stinks like a rat that's been run through the washing machine...if there could even be such a smell. I'm highly disappointed since I'm a huge fan and advocate of Shi.

And then there it was: DKNY Women. Now, I was not in the market for a new perfume today. Actually, I'm not in the market for a new perfume period, 'cuz as I've said, I'm all about Shi. But DKNY Women had a gift with purchase too good to pass up. A silver evening bag with the NYC skyline, complete with the beautiful Statue of Liberty, illustrated on the front. I had to have it. It had my name ALLLL over it.

I'm not an impulse buyer (or I'd like to think I'm not) I've never regretted anything that I've ever bought, and I always get good use out of all my purchases. So as much as I loved the purse, I knew I couldn't justify buying the perfume if it wasn't up to snuff.

In Sepi's wonderfully quotable words: "Dag nab it!" The perfume was fantastic!

So now I've decided that my Shi will be for more beautiful and shi-shi (isn't that fitting?) occasions, and DKNY Women will be for days when I'm feeling "funky fresh dressed to impress ready to party."

And now I've got a gorgeous new evening bag to rock out with.

Life is beautiful, I don't even know why I started this post complaining. *serene smile*

I guess retail therapy really does work.

Comments