It was like an episode of Friends

Ah yes, only someone as nostalgic as I could reminisce about the weekend all week long.

So the trio of us, Daisy, Bizkette, and myself, traipsed over to Amazing Pizza Kitchen over on 1st. Who knows what time it was at this point but we didn't leave Coyote's until close to 3. (Though I'm certain we did not stay as late as Sunflower) I had never seen 1st so spooky quiet. I believe it's the by-law that enforces the bars to close right at 2 since there are still apartments on 1st. Other than the taxis and the other scragglers/revelers you could imagine tumbleweeds rolling down the street as if it were the old wild west.

The night wouldn't be complete without obnoxiously intoxicated hoochies, and of course they were there at the Pizza Kitchen to enhance our evening. *groans* A street guy tried to get deep with us.

"Do you love the life you are living right now? Yes or no."

He kept repeating his question, amused that he had somehow stumped us. In all honesty, it wasn't that I was stumped by his question, I just couldn't understand what he was saying.

Another street person, this time a lady, thought she'd be a beacon of guidance for the three of us. Just in case, you know, we were getting ideas in our head about how to further our enjoyment of the evening.

"Hey ladies, no mattress mambo tonight, ok?"

Mmmm...good pizza. A night out at the clubs just isn't complete without a hotdog or a slice of pizza from the local vendors.

You know? It was great being at the suite with my pals. It felt as if we were all roommates. Only we didn't cook anything in our kitchen, we didn't do any laundry, no ironing, we didn't even have to clean up after ourselves. Alright, so it wasn't a realistic apartment experience but it still felt really nice.

Poor Daisy, she's so deprived of cable television. She sat there enraptured by the Beverly Hillbillies as we all lounged on the couches and chilled. Wooooo, party animals, huh?

Yeah, not much to say about our stay at the Hawthorn since it mainly fulfilled its chief purpose and not much else: a place for us to lay our heads and recuperate. Alas, we did not take advantage of the steam room, nor the sauna, nor the gym. Not even the complimentary buffet breakfast the next day. No, we did not make use of any of these things.

I, being the oldest, (I know, it's just a technicality) surrendered to my exhaustion first. From what I can gather, Bizkette was the next to call it a night, sleeping in the room with the big bed. You just couldn't tear Daisy away from the joys of having cable! She claims that she did come into the room and slept for a while, and in her defense the sheets on "her" bed were undone and all. But going to bed with her watching tv and waking up to her again watching tv one has to wonder if she ever left that couch at all! She should've pulled out the sofabed and just stayed there all night. :D

She said I sleep "all cutely" and tried to demonstrate what she was talking about. I'm still not sure I got what she said.

So we got all dolled up again (or somewhat dolled up) and checked ourselves out of there. Took the train to the end of the free fare zone and decided to foot it over to Coyote's to pick up Bizkette's car. I wish I had had my camera with me, it's a very rare occurrence for me to trek through old industrial Calgary. There were a lot of great photo ops. Ah well, it's noted for our next adventure.

Starving, we cruised down Uptown to go nosh at Nellie's Cosmic Cafe. I, in my avocado-loving phase, ordered the California omelette. Mmmm, avocado goodness. Again, it was a good feeling, brunching it out with my pals. It's an experience that the whole group doesn't get to indulge in all too often.

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday bash, and I thank all of my friends for that.

So, THANK YOU!!! It snapped me out of my "old" rut and jetted me right back to the "good times." I wished the weekend would never end.

Comments