The prep

Due to my stylist's previous engagements, I did not have my metamorphosis appointment on Friday night. Instead I had to squeeze it in on Saturday. Alright, I could do that, bring it! Bring it!

I wanted a blue, like a Veronica-from-Archie-comics blue to go with my dark hair. No doing, she only has "natural" colors in her stock, none of the "weird" colors. She referred me to a picture of a hair model with red in her hair, a bold "rock 'em" red. That's all she could offer me.

"Give it to me" said I.
"Have you dyed your hair black? It won't work if you did that *analyzing my tresses*"

Unfortunately, my hair is a really resilient biatch. Always has been, most likely always will be. Last time I did highlights it took the stylist (a different woman) forever to get it to take...she kinda went buckwild with the ammonia or whatever it is just so there would be something to show for all her efforts on my hair. Same thing with perms. Anyway, since the dye wasn't taking, she didn't buy my whole story of not having dyed my hair black.

Hey now! I pride myself in having jet black hair. Not a lot of Asian girls (and guys) can claim that now. They all go for blonde or brown. Yeah, like that looks sooooo natural.

Anyway, the result? Not as shocking as I was hoping it would be. To appease my fussy ass she had tweaked the dye a bit so it may possibly look pinkish, and in some lights it does just that. I adore my hair when I'm in the sun it just glows and glows, yet I can still get away with the hair here at work without looking unprofessional. Of course, I got my hair cut short again 1. because Spring is upon us and 2. it just jives with me better. I've always been a short-hair kind of girl. My hair has been long only 2x in my life that I can count.

I may not have looked like P!nk, but I was now definitely ready to get the party started.

Next issue on the agenda: checking into the Hawthorn.

Met up with Daisy at the train station and the two of us flew like the wind over to downtown so we could drop off our overnight bags. Had a bit of a chat with this nice black guy on the train...that always makes my day. *giggles* Asked me if I play basketball 'cuz of my height. Come on now, I'm not that tall! It makes no sense to me why people think that I'm some sort of beanpole. That's my brother's domain, not mine.

We got a 2 bedroom suite, yay us! It was kind of overwhelming since it was bigger than most of the apartments I've visited here in the city. In that respect it was kind of underwhelming 'cuz it was just as blah as most of the apartments I've visited here in the city. Same apartmenty feel, only bigger. Daisy was in awe of the 2 tvs...one would think the poor girl had never seen a tv in her life. You'll have to excuse her, having peasant vision for your entire life will do that to you. :)

We spent a minute gushing about how it felt like we had an apartment of our own (much as I don't like apartments) for at least one night. We ooh'd over the stove, oven, and microwave. We aah'd over the fridge, coffee machine, tea kettle, iron and ironing board. We twittered about the plates and wine glasses and tumblers and mugs. I gawked at all the closet space. Yeah, we were absolute dorks. :D

It's a shame that my whole party couldn't be there that night, we would have definitely had room for them all. There was a sofabed in the area with the bigger tv plus a couch...that's 3 people easy. Daisy and I slept in the room with the smaller tv and the 2 double beds. If need be we could've fit another person in each bed, so that's 4 more people. Bizkette had the room with the queen bed (I think I've got the bed sizes right *shrugs*) which could've held 2 or 3 (a squishy 3, but 3 nonetheless) So really we had room for 10 people! If things got maddening people could've even slept on the floor. But this is me we're talking about, things don't get maddening when I'm around. *halo glows*

With all that done, all that was left to do was breeze back to our respective houses and get ready for the night to ensue!

Comments