Reality check

On our way to the Elephant & Castle for lunch, Daisy and I came across this "full-figured" woman.

She was wearing a slightly more polished, more professional version of the outfit I've been planning to wear on Saturday. Let me tell you, it was not pleasant being a witness to all the jiggling that was going on.

Normally, I feel a little victory within myself when I see women like her. Despite my size I feel that I carry my outfits well, with little (if any) negative response from the general public.

However, this time I had a moment of panic. What if I was deluding myself and I really was as hefty and as jiggly as this woman? I'd be the joke of the nightclub come Saturday if I stuck to my original outfit plans!

Feeling a need for a second opinion I let out a huge breath as we passed the woman. Code to Daisy for "did you witness the spectacle as well?"

"I know, huh? You pull off the look more than she ever could" (I can't say that this quote is exactly word for word)

And that, my good people, is why Daisy is a rocking pal. :D

Comments