Thanks for this...but I really wanted that

Boy can I ever be fussy sometimes.

Tonight was an industry get-together at the Palliser (mmm...you kind of get spoiled when you start getting used to receptions at the Palliser) to educate us all on the latest goings-ons in Anaheim.

Yeah, the food at these things is always spectacular, but you know everyone is really there for the freebies and prizes. I was no exception. A show on Anaheim meant "Leah may get to fly to Los Angeles for free!"

Alas, it was not to be. My card got drawn halfway through and I won this cute patio refreshment set: a pitcher, 4 tumblers, stirsticks, and those snazzy rubber ice cubes in the shape of palm trees!

Of course, this was not good enough for me. As I walked up there to receive my prize my thoughts ventured to the fact that my card had now been drawn, ergo it was no longer in the draw barrel, and ergo I was no longer in the running for the Anaheim trip.

Dang it all!

But I still received my prize with poise and grace. Visions of me and my friends sitting around sipping and soaking in the sun seemed super.

Yes, when life hands you a pitcher make sangria. And don't forget to toss in some of those adorable palm tree ice cubes for good measure.

Comments