All I wanna do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom

Some of you may have heard the news already last week, but the glorious days of the beautiful Concorde are drawing to a close.

Look at that beauty!

With the end of Concorde flights also goes one of my childhood dreams. I remember seeing it on tv for the very first time, my dad by my side. I fell in love with that bird/plane/spaceshuttle instantly. I was smitten.

As I got older I started to realize that the jet is not accessible to not just anyone. No no, my friends, one needs mucho dinero to get on that beast. The kind of money that most people are not willing to toss about freely.

So the plan was, when I was old and just about to kick the bucket I would sell my house and spend that money to take the magical journey in the sky on my silver bullet. Either that or win the lottery. Then me and my dad ('cuz I didn't think my mom was as enthralled over the Concorde as I was) would fly on that beauty, round-trip, just because we could.

Problem now is, I'm not ready to jump on my death bed yet, I have no house to sell, and the chances of me winning the lottery are miniscule.

Alas, the timing is all off. Concorde's days are winding down and I feel like I'm just beginning.

Comments