Always late....but worth the wait

Yup, that's me.

Anyway, Bizkette called us out for drinks last night. I assumed it was Margarita Night at Kelseys. Turns out it's Bellini Night at Earl's. Yummmmmm.

The whole evening turned into a mini pub crawl of sorts by Bizkette's definition. I'll agree to that. Plus, Bizkette has always been out of the country everytime we do a pub crawl so it was nice to do a mini self-driven one just us 3.

Reason we hopped around so many times: I'll plead restlessness. First stop was the Earl's by Anderson. Turns out they've renovated the place since I was there last summer...more along the kitschy designs of the Stephen Ave location but with its own twist. Much much much better than it used to be...but Bizkette wasn't feeling it. Eventually we decided to jet over to the Stephen Ave one so we downed our first bellini, paid our bill, and scooted away.

I stand corrected. All this time I thought the Stephen Ave Earl's was Earl's Tin Palace. Last night Daisy educated me on the actual Tin Palace as we drove by it along 4th. Ahhhh, 4th.

Alas, I was seriously feening for some of their skinny fries but when we got to Stephen Ave the kitchen was closed. Oh well, another Earl's, another bellini. It was during this second bellini that I decided "if I can't have skinny fries then I simply must have something else" With that my mind ran off with all sorts of options. All of a sudden I was craving a "post-clubbing" hot dog. Or perhaps smothered cheese fries at Denny's. Nachos El Grande "without the El Grande" at Perkin's? "Post-clubbing" style pizza?

With the mention of pizza Bizkette enthusiastically suggested Stampede Pizza. She's been raving about the stuff for a while now. However, Stampede Pizza was closed by the time we got there. We just weren't doing well with timing.

Wicked Wedge then? Ahhhh, Uptown. Gotta love it. Of course Wicked Wedge was open, but another joint piqued our interest: Pita Pit. Autobot and his girl have some sort of devotion for this place. Curious, we checked it out. Mmmm, it hit the spot.

Now I'm seriously yearning for some time Uptown. The vibe last night was all summery and full of late night revelers. I'll have you know I'm an expert in late night revelling. There's nothing like having yourself revived amongst happy crazy people late at night.

Anyway, thanks to Bizkette for the bellini run. We shall all get together again very soon.

Comments