A hop away from Easter sunday

Weird Kid and I missed out on the sample sale on Friday, it being Good Friday and all. Not to mention his computer just choked on a Windows XP update (stoopid stoopid Windows XP!) Needless to say, Saturday became quite busy busy busy.

And Civic decided to come visit me at work just as I was finishing up Saturday. He had no plans either so he decided to join us at the sale. Daisy has indoctrinated him on all things French Connection (FCUK) so any opportunnities to enhance his FCUK experience should not be overlooked.

Anyway, long story short, by the time Weird Kid had finished up at work, and we had picked up his computer at home, changed into "funner" clothes, dropped off his computer at the shop, found parking downtown and met up with Civic the sale was in its final hour of operation.

SkyBar looks sooooo weird when it's not a bar. Much like how the magic is lost when the lights come on to signify the end of the night.

Advantage of coming to the sale last minute, all remaining merchandise was now being offered at half the sample sale prices. Disadvantage? Everything was clearly picked over, a lot of the big brands we had come in search of were pretty scarce or completely sold out. I think me and my brother found one Sean John terry zip-up left...and to Civic's dismay there was no French Connection to be found.

What did I find? Not a whole lot, saving myself a lot of the money I had allotted for the sample sale. I ended up with a pink velour hoodie and a purple triple 5 soul thong. All in all I spent 30 dollars. I hope Kristin does not deem me a walking fashion faux-pas. I can understand where she's coming from when she says she'll scream (or something to that effect) if she sees another "big" girl wearing a velour tracksuit or the like. I absolutely understand the do's and don'ts of dressing a figure such as mine...but there are times when I simply can not resist certain articles of clothing. I just could not pass up that hoodie, it was sooooo soft. I feel all cuddled-up in its pink snuggliness. So be it if I look like a rosy marshmallow. Whew, that was just a long winded way of saying I agree with Kristin's sentiments regarding large figures and what they should and should not wear, but in this case I'm bucking the general rules.

Weird Kid had a much better shop. He found this crazy (and I do mean crazy, the three of us were kept entertained by new pocket discoveries and the different functions each part had) triple 5 soul DJ bag for 25 bucks. Can you imagine? From 150 down to 25. He also found a military-look DEX shirt as well as an Ernie and Bert tshirt. I could not believe his luck at that last find, he's been looking for some sort of shirt depicting Ernie and Bert for a while now (it's a childhood name thing) In total he spent 55 dollars. Dang it all, I think he's becoming a better fashion finder than I am!

All shopped-up and hungry we opted for some sushi. I thought we might try the new one on Stephen Ave, Daikichi, but it was dead when we got there. Ended up at Fujiyama instead. Very nice!

Alas, no sake for me. Sumo Lounge spoils me with their deals on alcoholic beverages, I forgot that other restaurants will charge me more for drinks.

You would think all 3 of us were on sake the way the dinner played out. In a moment of silliness we started playing around with the samurai doll at our table, balancing the sushi-ordering pencil on his foot, placing his sword in other areas of his outfit, to the point of creating a mini-doobie with a paper napkin and placing it just so I suppose it's one of those moments where you had to be there to even consider it at all all funny, but I was in tears personally.

Something I'll have to come back to try: deep fried mango ice cream! That sounds like a "best of both worlds" kind of thing!

As per usual we ended up at Eau Claire Market after dinner. I mean, what else is there to do downtown between dinner and the time the bars open?

Yup, all that fun crammed into a day where I even worked a full 8 hours! Perhaps opening shifts (7:45 in the frgging morning) aren't so bad every once in a while.

Comments