I miss those goodie bags

Air Romeo found an old picture of us "little ones" during our First Communion. That brought on a whole night's worth of reminiscing about those elementary school days and all those fun birthday parties.

Like that time I got my leg wedged between the ladder and the slide on the playground at the zoo. I cried and cried 'cuz I thought I'd be stuck there forever. Just as the nice maintenance guy was about to take apart the slide my knee pops out of its trap. It's a miracle!

Then there was the time that Air Romeo, Karate Kid, and another friend tried to "suffocate" one another by locking them in my walk-in closet in the basement during my birthday party in the 2nd grade. I don't think my parents ever let me invite the whole class to my birthday ever again after that. :D

Playing Pin The Tail On The Donkey at Karate Kid's birthday saw me funky fresh dressed to impress ready to party in a similated paint-splattered overalls ensemble. I was dang cute.

And another one of our classmates had the biggest pinata I had ever seen. I was so excited that I rushed after the fallen goodies, not realizing that my blindfolded friend was still swinging away. Ah yes, I lived on the edge back then.

Ah, to be 8 again.

Comments