Opa!

Last night Daisy and I decided to try a new Greek restaurant, Broken Plate. Despite the crazy snowfall the place was packed with diners. Always a good sign!

We ran into one of Mrs. G's friends, a lady who had accompanied us to Evita earlier this year. She encouraged us to go in and experience the place ourselves and mentioned something about them starting to dance soon. Was this place like Don Quixote's, only Greek? (A restaurant that turns into a dance bar later in the evening)

Turns out that's not the case at all. I think the servers dance every hour while other workers hand plates to the patrons to toss onto the dancefloor. Alas, I did not get to break a plate since our table was not close to the action. Next time! It was definitely the type of Greek restaurant I had always envisioned in my mind, although they didn't seek participation on the dancefloor from the diners.

The dance we witnessed was not very lively, but everyone there seemed to be very happy and close. I wondered whether or not it was a family-run endeavour (there's another Broken Plate in Kensington) though I couldn't tell for sure either way.

Mmmm...Greek food. Gotta love it.

Comments